Edit to add; we discussed it and decided to switch out our first day (MK) for DHS in the effort to get ROTR. I had to cancel my 2 reservations and guess what? It says limit reached, so I guess I really do need to get the problem fixed. Currently on hold - again. This is so stressful and unnecessary.
Further edit to add: They can see that I purchased 4 day passes. They can also see that they have not been used. They are about 95% sure they can help me. Really? Waiting for a callback.

Last edited:
We upgraded our park hoppers to AP yesterday. The CM on the phone said that as long you are staying on property that park reservations stay in place. If not staying on property would you have to drop and then add back park reservations.

Did you clock start right away? Or are they still vouchers to be picked up and start at a later date?

When a Florida resident upgrades a park hopper to an annual pass (at Guest Services), is it possible to use a monthly payment plan or does the balance need to be paid in full. I’m assuming the latter, but worth confirming.

Ok so not sure if this is right place to post but...I have a “renewal AP” sitting on my MDE waiting to be activated which I plan to do on arrival on 9/23....I also have a confirmed resort reservation for 9/23-29. When I go to “My Plans” the “Park reservation” button at top of page is not highlighted and when I click button to make the park reservation my screen just goes blank...I don’t understand why I’m not being allowed to make a park reservation.

Ok so not sure if this is right place to post but...I have a “renewal AP” sitting on my MDE waiting to be activated which I plan to do on arrival on 9/23....I also have a confirmed resort reservation for 9/23-29. When I go to “My Plans” the “Park reservation” button at top of page is not highlighted and when I click button to make the park reservation my screen just goes blank...I don’t understand why I’m not being allowed to make a park reservation.
I would recommend clearing your cache or trying through a different platform (phone vs. computer). There is definitely availability for resort guests for that week but I wouldn't wait...

I have a current DVC Gold AP and I need to upgrade it to the Incredi-pass as we are now going during the holidays. Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for the upgrade?

When a Florida resident upgrades a park hopper to an annual pass (at Guest Services), is it possible to use a monthly payment plan or does the balance need to be paid in full. I’m assuming the latter, but worth confirming.
The cost of the original ticket is used as the "down payment" (1st payment) on the AP's monthly installments.

I have a current DVC Gold AP and I need to upgrade it to the Incredi-pass as we are now going during the holidays. Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for the upgrade?
Rule of thumb for upgrades is the cost of the ticket that you WANT, minus the cost (when purchased) of the ticket you HAVE.
If the upgrade is on an AP which has already started to be used, there is no price deduction for the period of time that the AP has been used. (No prorated discount.)

I just read through this whole thread and didn't seem to find an exact answer here. I have seen in other discussions that DVC members have been having issues upgrading park tickets to an AP, one person was told they had to fill out paperwork, another just had to give up because no one knew what to do. Has any DVC members here upgraded unused tickets to an AP successfully in the past few days? Does anyone have insight to share? I was originally going to wait until we were there on Nov 1st to upgrade but if there are complications I may do it now.

I just read through this whole thread and didn't seem to find an exact answer here. I have seen in other discussions that DVC members have been having issues upgrading park tickets to an AP, one person was told they had to fill out paperwork, another just had to give up because no one knew what to do. Has any DVC members here upgraded unused tickets to an AP successfully in the past few days? Does anyone have insight to share? I was originally going to wait until we were there on Nov 1st to upgrade but if there are complications I may do it now.

Same question. We have 7 day park hoppers for our December stay. We want to upgrade to AP. Can I do it by phone, or must it only be done in person? I would prefer to get it all done now especially since there seems to be a distinct possibility I will lose our park pass reservations that I have made and have to redo them.

I have a 7-day ticket I bought in 2016. It has no expiration date. I want to use this later this year but I'd like to add park hopper to it. Do I have to pay the difference from 2016 price to current price or can I just pay the price of the hopper add on?

I have a 7-day ticket I bought in 2016. It has no expiration date. I want to use this later this year but I'd like to add park hopper to it. Do I have to pay the difference from 2016 price to current price or can I just pay the price of the hopper add on?

If it's a 7 day no expiration ticket, you won't be able to just add park hopper. You will be able to upgrade to a current ticket with park hopper, but it will expire.

Those non-expiration tickets are valuable so you're almost better of selling them if you're going to upgrade. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to cover the cost of a current 7day ticket w/ park hopper in exchange for 7 day non expiration ticket.

If it's a 7 day no expiration ticket, you won't be able to just add park hopper. You will be able to upgrade to a current ticket with park hopper, but it will expire.

Those non-expiration tickets are valuable so you're almost better of selling them if you're going to upgrade. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to cover the cost of a current 7day ticket w/ park hopper in exchange for 7 day non expiration ticket.
Wow! I new they were valuable but not to the point of resale!
Thanks!

Wow! I new they were valuable but not to the point of resale!
Thanks!

Yup. The non-expirations can be split up between trips. So theoretically someone could get 2 trips out of it, a 4 day and a 3 day.

Just for example, let's say you needed a 7 day park hopper ticket for Christmas week. That would cost $717.14 + tax.

For that same period a 3 day non-hopper ticket would be $446.95 and let's say I wanted to go again around Easter with a 4 day non-hopper ticket would be $518.03 for a total of $964.98.

So if I was traveling those periods, I'd be 100% willing to pay for your hopper ticket because it would represent a discount to me for my trip.

Is it an actual non-expiring ticket that could be used a few days at a time and the remaining days saved for the future, or an “ordinary” ticket that expires 14 days after first use? Before they started selling the date-based tickets, most tickets expired 14 days after first use, no matter how many days were used in those 14 days, but they didn’t have an expiration date printed on them because that date wasn’t set until the guest started using the ticket.

Is it an actual non-expiring ticket that could be used a few days at a time and the remaining days saved for the future, or an “ordinary” ticket that expires 14 days after first use? Before they started selling the date-based tickets, most tickets expired 14 days after first use, no matter how many days were used in those 14 days, but they didn’t have an expiration date printed on them because that date wasn’t set until the guest started using the ticket.
You are right...the ticket expires 14 days after 1st use. 😕

You are right...the ticket expires 14 days after 1st use. 😕
That just means it’s not worth trying to make a private sale :cutie: ! In terms of upgrading to hoppers, I’m afraid you’ll probably have to pay the difference between the online Disney price (of the tickets you have) when you bought them and the current price for 7 day hoppers.pixiedust:pixiedust:for you that I’m wrong! Assuming you upgrade in person, just “ask nicely,” as Robo says, and maybe you’ll get some pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter