• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Vouchers - has anyone redeemed yet?

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi there! We have the vouchers that need to be exchanged for tickets when we arrive. At the time of booking it was unclear whether we would have to exchange at guest services at a park or Disney Springs, or if we could do it at our resort. Has anyone done this yet? I'm hoping we can just do it at the resort! Thanks!

Yes, several people have now used these vouchers and you will need to go to a guest services location at either a park or Disney Springs. This is NOT something they can do at a resort. You will need to show Canadian ID before you can enter a park.

Yes, several people have now used these vouchers and you will need to go to a guest services location at either a park or Disney Springs. This is NOT something they can do at a resort. You will need to show Canadian ID before you can enter a park.

Donald, Does this mean if I get the tickets at Disney Springs or Guest Services at the parks and show our passports to receive them that we have to show them a Canadian ID every time that we enter the parks or just when we initially get the tickets. Thanks for the info.

Donald, Does this mean if I get the tickets at Disney Springs or Guest Services at the parks and show our passports to receive them that we have to show them a Canadian ID every time that we enter the parks or just when we initially get the tickets. Thanks for the info.
My understanding is that you show the passports only to activate, not every time. But I haven't used mine yet!

From what I've been told by CM, it's just the first time they need your passport to activate the tickets at Guest Relations. Bring an extra ziploc that day! ;)

I don't like the idea of bringing our passports to the park, but just for the one day... maybe take a quick break mid-day, and run them back to your hotel safe :)

My understanding is that you show the passports only to activate, not every time. But I haven't used mine yet!

From what I've been told by CM, it's just the first time they need your passport to activate the tickets at Guest Relations. Bring an extra ziploc that day! ;)

I don't like the idea of bringing our passports to the park, but just for the one day... maybe take a quick break mid-day, and run them back to your hotel safe :)
You only need to show your passport once to validate your Canadian citizenship and then you'll be good to go. Our experience from when our kids joined us late January is as follows: we met our daughter and her wife on the day they arrived in Disney Springs and since their room wasn't ready yet they still had their passports. Stopped at Guest Services (which is really nice after the renovations BTW) and it took maybe 5 minutes. Our son and his wife chose to NOT listen to me and had ditched their passports since their room WAS ready and they were NOT allowed to use only their drivers licenses as proof of residency. They took them to EPCOT the following day and spent well over 30 minutes at guest services because the entire computer system crashed (resort wide!) -- they let them enter the park and once we knew the system was up (finally able to access MDE to check FP+) they went to guest services in the park and easy-peasy done in less than 5 minutes.

Also worth noting they had all booked with a package and didn't have separate ticket vouchers to exchange and i haven't heard anyone else reporting the need to present passports in this situation so have no idea if this was an oddity or not :confused3

We leave in 9 days, and bough the Canadian discount tickets. They show up in My Disney Experience, are linked and assigned to us but I never got any vouchers? Am I supposed to have gotten paper vouchers to exchange. We made fast passes with the tickets.

We leave in 9 days, and bough the Canadian discount tickets. They show up in My Disney Experience, are linked and assigned to us but I never got any vouchers? Am I supposed to have gotten paper vouchers to exchange. We made fast passes with the tickets.

Was wondering the same thing. I have the tickets in my account, and I assigned them to my brother-in-law. (We're already annual pass members). I'm hoping we can just show up at Guest Services, he can show his ID, and we can all go in.

Did you get a confirmation email when you placed your order. I placed my order online and received a confirmation email with a bar code front and center. It said to bring that letter with me to redeem and get the actual tickets.

Thank you!

I booked maybe a day after this deal was released and was sent actual vouchers (credit card-style cards). They were linked in MDE the same day I purchased them. Just within the past week or so, it seems that the voucher numbers themselves are appearing under the tickets in MDE. I believe I have read that others did not receive physical card vouchers, though.

If go to Disney Springs to get your tickets activated does this mean the 14 day window starts that day or would it still be the day you first enter a park?

I received an email with a barcode. I am planning to print that email and bring it with my passport to GS at Disney Springs a week before our WDW reservation so I don't have to waste park time for activating the tickets.

I so agree with not wanting to carry passports! I get id'ed everywhere. I was told I could take a colour photocopy of my passport for buying drinks, but not everyone would take it. Got turned down at DS and F&W.

If go to Disney Springs to get your tickets activated does this mean the 14 day window starts that day or would it still be the day you first enter a park?
First park day .. all you're doing is proving your citizenship. Your first entry to a park will start the 14 day window.

Can this be done at the TTC or just at park gates? Staying at GF but prefer to walk over on arrival day & save the monorail experience to MK for our first full park day. :)

Can this be done at the TTC or just at park gates? Staying at GF but prefer to walk over on arrival day & save the monorail experience to MK for our first full park day. :)
Yes you can head to the TTC ... just go to any of the ticket booths and they should be able to help you out.

We had a room only reservation with the Canadian tickets added on. We arrived at Epcot today, went straight to the ticket counter and told the lady that this was our first visit with the Canadian ticket deal and that we were there to show our passports. All she needed was 1 adult passport, I wasn't asked for any voucher and within 2 minutes we were done. Super easy.

We had a room only reservation with the Canadian tickets added on. We arrived at Epcot today, went straight to the ticket counter and told the lady that this was our first visit with the Canadian ticket deal and that we were there to show our passports. All she needed was 1 adult passport, I wasn't asked for any voucher and within 2 minutes we were done. Super easy.
Thanks, I was wondering if I needed to print out the email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter