Ticket question - AP renewal with 7-day ticket

bgula

DIS Veteran
OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?

It *should* be fine.

But know your numbers. Write it all down. Bring that piece of paper with you. Don't leave anything to chance or memory.

The one BIG issue reported here, about 2 years ago, was caused by CMs not knowing their jobs while someone was renewing their AP using a ticket like you are doing. Ultimately, it should have all been OK, but the CMs really really REALLY made it seem like it shouldn't have happened.

So know your stuff, and don't be afraid to take your tickets back and just walk away from the situation.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks - I did review it, but did miss the small bit at the end of 15-G. It's what I remember from when I tried this a few years ago, but was denied - and because the ticket had been used for a couple of days, they wouldn't credit me the full amount of the ticket. I'm not going to "buckle under" this time.

Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP. He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP.

He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?

That sounds right :thumbsup2 Make sure that you know the exact numbers when you go to upgrade your ticket. If the person says it can't be done, or it should be more, ask to speak to a supervisor or walk away and go somewhere else. There have been countless threads with people being overcharged and CM's saying it's more because you haven't bought the ticket through Disney ect.

OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?

Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?

Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.

Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.

That's great.
Thanks for explaining.

I didn't want anyone reading to think that this was some sort of new policy, and anyone could automatically get the correct upgrade price without using the ticket first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter