Ticket Packages and Fastpass Help

CarolinaGuy21

Earning My Ears
I have a ticket package set up with my hotel reservations on Thursday-Sunday at the Poly at the end of July. My GF and i decided to work in a pool day so we made a two night reservation for Tuesday and Wednesday at Port Orleans. We want to use one of our park tickets with the original package on Wednesday so we can have our pool day at the Poly.

This morning I tried to make FP's for that Wednesday and could not. I called Disney customer service and they said they could not issue a park ticket part of a package until we physically arrived at Port Orleans so we will not be able to make fast passes until the night before.

So I have two questions:
1. Has anyone had a similar problem and can they really not issue the tickets before we get there
2. If we have to wait until the day before is there going to be any fast passes left for anything good at Hollywood Studios or Epcot?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

This is a major drawback to packages in general. Packages don't save you money on the room and ticket components, they just put more restrictions on you. This is one of them.

If you had a room only reservation, and bought your tickets separately, you'd be fine, since ticket usage then is not connected to the resort reservation. You'd be able to make FP for those first 2 days with no problems.

Steve

The castmember is correct and there is no way to get package tickets early. The tickets are tied to the package so you cannot access them until you arrive. You will be able to activate the tickets after arrival at Guest Relations at a theme park or Disney Springs, but until then you will only be able to make FP+ for the days included in the package reservation. This is one of the major disadvantages of a package that includes tickets.

Unless you booked a special promo (e.g. free dining, stay play & dine, travel agency exclusive) that requires tickets you can book a ticketless package if you want the paid dining plan and buy your tickets from an authorized third party (e.g. Undercover Tickets, Maple Leaf, AAA) or online from Disney. Or just book a room only reservation, pay for food out of pocket and buy your tickets separate;u. If you decide to book a room only, your deposit and any monies paid towards your current package will be refunded and a new deposit equal to one night's room rate will be charged when you make the reservation. Since it looks like you are at your 60 day mark you will have to decide whether changing your reservation will be worth it to get the additional days of FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter