• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket "deals" at the gate

They asked the two men in front of me at DHS for their Florida ID this past Friday.

Was this at a ticket window or at a turnstyle? Not sure how they can ask for a Florida ID at a turnstyle since part-year residents use an alternate form of proof-of-address when they get the ticket and may not have a Florida ID (or at least one that is standard wallet material).

Also - not sure the purpose of checking Florida ID at a turnstyle - you showed the ID when purchasing it and they have your finger scan. Not much possibility for fraud there.

Cheshire - any more specific info as to whether part-year residents need to keep a copy of a financial statement in their pocket every trip to a park?

(For the record, I've never been asked for ID entering a park other than when purchasing).

They asked the two men in front of me at DHS for their Florida ID this past Friday.

I hope it is a trend. I dislike cheaters.

If I had to move all the way to FL to get my discount, everyone should have to. ;)

Glad I always bring my id. I've never been asked for one at the turnstile but they do ask for it when I renew and use my discounts.

Same here. I always carry my ID just in case.

My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.

im not sure if i believe that.. ive never once been asked for an id other than when i first bought the pass

Was this at a ticket window or at a turnstyle? Not sure how they can ask for a Florida ID at a turnstyle since part-year residents use an alternate form of proof-of-address when they get the ticket and may not have a Florida ID (or at least one that is standard wallet material).

Also - not sure the purpose of checking Florida ID at a turnstyle - you showed the ID when purchasing it and they have your finger scan. Not much possibility for fraud there.

Cheshire - any more specific info as to whether part-year residents need to keep a copy of a financial statement in their pocket every trip to a park?

(For the record, I've never been asked for ID entering a park other than when purchasing).

Excellent point.

I guess if the fingerprint scan kicks it out, for whatever reason, people could be asked to show ID, but the names matching would be enough for part time residents.

fall08CP said:
My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.

I am never asked for ID with my APs after I purchase them.

1. All Annual Passes have the Guest name preprinted on them. Additionally, and of the Resident three or four day passes also have the name preprinted.

2. Normally the only time a Florida ID is required is when the tickets are purchased (or voucher or will-call or exchange certificate is converted to a live ticket).

3. On first use of any of these tickets, there is no need to show ID at the turnstile. When the ticket is first used the finger scan resultant will be stored in the Automated Ticketing System computer for comparison for future visits.

4. Normally the only time ID is subsequently asked for is if the finger scan result does not match, and then normally all that is needed is a photo ID where the name matches the one on the ticket (and the photo matches the user).

If you need to have your AP reprinted for any reason (demagnetized, lost, forgot, etc.) you will need to show your ID at Guest Relations to do so.

1. Additionally, and of the Resident three or four day passes also have the name preprinted.

Really??? why would a 3 or 4 day FL resident pass have a name on it? So I cant buy a 3 or 4 day ticket for friends that live in FL but far from the mouse and give them to them when they get in town? For that matter why dont they preprint any and all guests (FL or not) names on all tickets??

Really??? why would a 3 or 4 day FL resident pass have a name on it? So I cant buy a 3 or 4 day ticket for friends that live in FL but far from the mouse and give them to them when they get in town? For that matter why dont they preprint any and all guests (FL or not) names on all tickets??

At one time they printed your picture on the ticket - can't remember if they also put the name on it.

names on tickets would be a good idea and maybe the new ticket media will include that.

You can, as long as you are a Florida Resident, purchase as many Resident vouchers (or will-call or certificates) as you want. However, each person 18 or older must present a photo ID which proves Florida Residency at the time a live ticket is issued. At this time demographic information (Name, date of birth, address and telephone number) is entered into the Automated Ticketing System
and when ATS prints the ticket it prints the name.

Disney is a private organization and they make the rules for entry into their parks. And these are part of their rules.

It was at the turnstile. The two men were obviously surprised and said they had never had to show ID there before, and the CM said something about it happening more frequently going forward for some reason. At that point I was done and going on my way with my annual pass, which I was not asked to show ID for.

You can buy FL resident passes for your friends who are FL residents, as long as you do it online. You can then print vouchers for them. They will still have to be present to activate it, however, and show proof of residency.

That's sounds insanely stupid to ask for a FL ID AFTER the tickets are bought. I understand the reasoning behind it for my Tables In Wonderland card since its not linked to my finger scan. But unless they were being used for the first time, you shouldn't need to show a FL ID for an AP or A ticket that is ALREADY ACTIVATED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter