Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I have what may be a confusing question....my family and I are going to be there from June 15th to the 27th. We planned on upgrading three of the four people in my traveling party's tickets to annual passes when we arrive. We are staying on site but it seems as though Magic Kingdom is booked for every day that first week we are there when I look at the annual pass calendar, including the 19th which is not a preview day. Obviously I can't book park pass reservations until after we upgrade to the passes, so I'm kind of relying on what I can see without actually having access to a booking calendar. I guess my question is, is the "bucket" for reservations different between just annual passholder and annual passholders with resort reservations? I'm a little worried that our trip will be full of park hopping which isn't that big of a deal rather just a little inconvenient. Thanks for any insight you may have!

June 19th is a preview day for DVC members, which is why that day is also booked for MK.

I am not sure why you say you can't book park pass reservations until after you upgrade, because it sounds like you already have tickets (that you are upgrading) and no matter which "bucket" you choose it also seems MK reservations are not available. I would just book something for now, for each day of your trip, and check closer as possibly some reservations may open closer to the date (hopefully). Agree that the hopping will be inconvenient depending on how many days you planned to visit MK.

because of work problems for me we decided to get our 1st every AP's last December. We'd already decided to be staying at Ft Wilderness for the 1st time every after a cruise on the Fantasy this June the weekend of the AP previews. We already had the Park Booked for the correct days and now just have to see if we can't turn that into a special anniversary moment for us.

June 19th is a preview day for DVC members, which is why that day is also booked for MK.

I am not sure why you say you can't book park pass reservations until after you upgrade, because it sounds like you already have tickets (that you are upgrading) and no matter which "bucket" you choose it also seems MK reservations are not available. I would just book something for now, for each day of your trip, and check closer as possibly some reservations may open closer to the date (hopefully). Agree that the hopping will be inconvenient depending on how many days you planned to visit MK.
Don’t you lose your park reservations upon upgrading a ticket to an AP?

Don’t you lose your park reservations upon upgrading a ticket to an AP?

The tickets I currently have are part of the package I bought so there is no park pass reservation needed with that type of ticket. So, I guess I would need to make all my park pass reservations on the day I upgrade for the entirety of my trip if I am understanding this correctly. my husband, son, and I decided to take another trip in March so it makes financial sense to upgrade our tickets to annual passes, but my college aged daughter will not be going on that future trip which is why we are upgrading just three of the four people's tickets when we get there.

This is all becoming quite difficult to figure out the logistics of everything, and to be honest while it would be fun to ride the new ride if we are lucky enough to get a 1:00 VQ it is adding another level of difficulty.

I'm sure it will be a great vacation no matter what happens :) It would kind of just be nice to have it squared away before we leave.

@travelpantfam why not wait until the last day to upgrade?
View attachment 862348

Ideally, I would like to get the dining discounts, especially since it is 20% for the majority of the time we are there and we have a fair amount of table service restaurants booked that qualify.

Also, it would be nice to try for the Tiana's 1:00 VQ drop.

Other than those reasons, I had considered that as an option.

…and for out of state passholders, doesn’t make a trip make sense is there is no guarantee.
Happily retired, have lived long enough to realize there are few guarantees in life, in general.

it was a good enough excuse for me to plan an impromptu 3 day trip (ala disney on a dime, thank you priceline & spirit airlines) to try :wizard:.

Worst case, the Mr will remember his upcoming birthday/Father’s Day surprise for some time.

OK - after reading through most of these posts, I think for the most part my questions have been answered but I do have a few more..

Just to confirm here are my plans for a day trip to the parks since I'm local...

I have Epcot park reservation for 6/20 since I lost out on MK, so I'll tap into Epcot and walk right out.....and hop over to MK and hope to be there by 10am.

Here's my question. If I wanted to buy Genie + for MK and not Epcot, can I just buy it for MK or do I have to select is as "multiple park Genie +" since I have initially an Epcot park reservation - even though I don't want to use Genie + at Epcot?

And, since my reservation is for Epcot, does that mean I can or cannot buy LL for 7DMT and Tron @ MK right at 7am or do I have to wait until park opening?

Honestly, I'm new at being a local passholder and haven't figured out all those tricky rules!

Thanks!!!

OK - after reading through most of these posts, I think for the most part my questions have been answered but I do have a few more..

Just to confirm here are my plans for a day trip to the parks since I'm local...

I have Epcot park reservation for 6/20 since I lost out on MK, so I'll tap into Epcot and walk right out.....and hop over to MK and hope to be there by 10am.

Here's my question. If I wanted to buy Genie + for MK and not Epcot, can I just buy it for MK or do I have to select is as "multiple park Genie +" since I have initially an Epcot park reservation - even though I don't want to use Genie + at Epcot?

And, since my reservation is for Epcot, does that mean I can or cannot buy LL for 7DMT and Tron @ MK right at 7am or do I have to wait until park opening?

Honestly, I'm new at being a local passholder and haven't figured out all those tricky rules!

Thanks!!!
Since you are a local, guessing you are not staying at a Disney resort? If not, you will need to wait until park opening to purchase an ILL$.

Since you are a local, guessing you are not staying at a Disney resort? If not, you will need to wait until park opening to purchase an ILL$.
Ugh - that's what I was thinking...and no, not staying on site for this trip...we will be in August but this is just a day visit for me.

thanks!

I officially bought my plane ticket for my AP preview day this morning.
I had a one night stay already planned that lines up with two of the days. Now I need to figure out if I get a 7am VQ and show up late or try at the 1pm drop.

I'm curious how fast the 7 am VQ will fill up on passholder preview days since that one is only for APs with MK reservations. I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to get both a Tron and Tiana VQ on my own or if I'll need a friend to try and grab the Tron one for me. I'd like to ride Tron but don't necessarily want to pay for ILL and I'd like to get into Epcot in time for the 1:00 Guardians drop.

I'm curious how fast the 7 am VQ will fill up on passholder preview days since that one is only for APs with MK reservations. I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to get both a Tron and Tiana VQ on my own or if I'll need a friend to try and grab the Tron one for me. I'd like to ride Tron but don't necessarily want to pay for ILL and I'd like to get into Epcot in time for the 1:00 Guardians drop.
FWIW if you haven’t been called for tron before 1pm you won’t be able to get GoTG

I decided to skip the preview. I'm local but an hour's drive away, so I booked a staycation for a couple days for the preview. I wasn't able to grab MK reservations for the 7AM VQ drop- so I booked reservations for Epcot. Plan was to scan into Epcot then immediately exit and hop over to MK making sure I'm in by !;00 for the second VQ. (I was hoping they would do the usual click the link and sign up for a date and time)
This would give me two chances of getting in the VQ. The challenge is that I am disabled (I use a cane, a scooter on a my not so great days) so this was presenting a bit of a challenge and it's possible I may not even get in the VQ at all (back when ROTR was VQ only I trained for VQ by watching YouTuber hints and never once got one!)
Then I watched the POV. Meh. AA's look great! I always liked the film's music & characters. The sets look good. But the story? That left me flat.
YMMV, but for me, a staycation and the possibility of not even getting on the ride just doesn't seem worth it. I did a staycation last month and I have one planned for September - I'll ride it then and buy an ILL$.

I decided to skip the preview. I'm local but an hour's drive away, so I booked a staycation for a couple days for the preview. I wasn't able to grab MK reservations for the 7AM VQ drop- so I booked reservations for Epcot. Plan was to scan into Epcot then immediately exit and hop over to MK making sure I'm in by !;00 for the second VQ. (I was hoping they would do the usual click the link and sign up for a date and time)
This would give me two chances of getting in the VQ. The challenge is that I am disabled (I use a cane, a scooter on a my not so great days) so this was presenting a bit of a challenge and it's possible I may not even get in the VQ at all (back when ROTR was VQ only I trained for VQ by watching YouTuber hints and never once got one!)
Then I watched the POV. Meh. AA's look great! I always liked the film's music & characters. The sets look good. But the story? That left me flat.
YMMV, but for me, a staycation and the possibility of not even getting on the ride just doesn't seem worth it. I did a staycation last month and I have one planned for September - I'll ride it then and buy an ILL$.
It’s not going to have ILL it will be on genie+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter