THV transportation....Yay!!! (I hope!)

pennst8r

I say JoePa....
When I went to allearsnet to look at the pics, I read this:

Internal transportation is provided by a bus that makes the rounds between Saratoga Springs and the Treehouse Villas. For transportation to the theme parks there are two bus stops located among the treehouses. For transportation to Downtown Disney a new dock has been constructed on the Sassagoula River for a leisurely boat trip.

Yay! Looks like we won't have to take 2 buses after all! :yay::yay:

When I went to allearsnet to look at the pics, I read this:

Internal transportation is provided by a bus that makes the rounds between Saratoga Springs and the Treehouse Villas. For transportation to the theme parks there are two bus stops located among the treehouses. For transportation to Downtown Disney a new dock has been constructed on the Sassagoula River for a leisurely boat trip.

I dunno. That description isn't exactly clear. It doesn't specifically state that guests can board a bus in the Treehouse area and head directly to a theme park. And it DOES mention the internal shuttle. I find it very hard to believe that Disney will be running both a shuttle AND having every single theme park bus visit all 7 stops at THV + SSR.

Whatever they decide to do as of opening day, I'd say it's very much subject to change depending upon guest feedback and efficiency.

If all of the SSR buses make the rounds thru 7 stops, that's only going to extend the trip for every single guest staying at SSR. It also means that someone who wants to go from the Treehouses to the main pool or Artist's Palette will have to sit on the bus thru all of those stops rather than having the direct service a shuttle would provide.

Given the physical setup there is no perfect solution. Other than using one's own car which is exactly what I'll be doing in 8 days. :)

If you're going to a park, yes you will. There's a new internal bus that only goes from THV to SSR. There are 2 stops inside THV that this bus will stop on, and take all THV guests to SSR to transfer to a bus to the parks.

But which stop in SSR will it take them to? Grandstand or Springs??

Springs.

I'm one who's hoping they stick to the internal bus transfer. Adding two more stops to SSR's bus route will annoy a lot of people. A bus already filled from THV guests before even entering SSR's main gates and half waiting until Springs (the last stop) to get off just to go to AP? :scared1:

:confused3 We were at SSR last weekend and several times saw buses that said Tree House Villas on their signboards - we were staying in the Grandstand section and they stopped at the Grandstand bus stop a few times.:confused3 Not sure what they were doing other than making practice runs. Obviously, there was nobody getting on or off...

The plan that DVC confirmed two months ago was shuttle service running between the two Treehouse stops and The Springs. Since then I've read rumors that the shuttle will stop and both The Grandstand and The Springs and other rumors that the shuttle idea had been abandoned.

We'll find out tomorrow (or soon after) how things are set-up for opening day. But rest assured Disney is going to monitor the situation and may try several approaches before they settle into a routine. The reports of buses stopping at The Grandstand may actually be part of the trial-and-error process. :confused3

But rest assured Disney is going to monitor the situation and may try several approaches before they settle into a routine. The reports of buses stopping at The Grandstand may actually be part of the trial-and-error process

That's the best entry into the THV transportation debate yet!

Experience has shown us that, despite much experience in transportation, any new resort opening/change will result in some hiccups with regard to the buses. All that can be done at this point is for those who are there to give constructive comments to Disney so that they move quicker to an effective solution.

It won't be perfect on opening day and for some time afterwards....but it will improve over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter