Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying offsite with a throwaway at fort wilderness. Want to do rope drop. Would it be better to drive to TTC or park at Wilderness and take the bus to MK?
I was wondering the same thing. I've only ever stayed onsite so I've never had to deal with parking and the TTC. I was also considering parking at Ft Wilderness and taking the boat.

I was wondering the same thing. I've only ever stayed onsite so I've never had to deal with parking and the TTC. I was also considering parking at Ft Wilderness and taking the boat.

Oh, that's a good question... I'd love to know the answer to this as well since it may impact my decision on strollers at Disney... :scratchin

So someone can correct me if I'm wrong but examining the Fort Wilderness Campground map and reviewing information on the camping boards leads me to believe that while this is an option it may not be the best option. I think it would depend on what campground you get assigned. If you are close to the ferry launch then you can park at your campground and use the Ferry. If instead you are far away it would probably be better to go to the MK parking lot and go through TTC. I'm basing this off of the fact that people rent golf carts at like 60 a day to get around there so that leads me to believe it could be a bit of a hike from your campground to the ferry... I am by no means an expert on this though so if someone else has information please post!

So someone can correct me if I'm wrong but examining the Fort Wilderness Campground map and reviewing information on the camping boards leads me to believe that while this is an option it may not be the best option. I think it would depend on what campground you get assigned. If you are close to the ferry launch then you can park at your campground and use the Ferry. If instead you are far away it would probably be better to go to the MK parking lot and go through TTC. I'm basing this off of the fact that people rent golf carts at like 60 a day to get around there so that leads me to believe it could be a bit of a hike from your campground to the ferry... I am by no means an expert on this though so if someone else has information please post!

That is correct, both of the partial loops are a long ways away from the marina. You could take the internal bus from the stop at the loop to the Settlement Depot which is where the marina (short walk) is located. Without getting in trouble for expressing my feelings as a camper about this let give a couple of gentle suggestions:

If you get a partial hookup site (the cheapest) there are 2 loops, the 1500 and the 2000. If you don't plan on going to the fort, go ahead and request the 2000, most campers prefer the 1500 and there are twice as many sites in the 2000 loop.

Better yet, if you want to aid the campers, spend the extra $10-15 and get a full hookup site, there are way many more full hookup than partial and you would be doing a favor to the tent campers by freeing up one the limited number of available parital sites.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by suggesting this.

That is correct, both of the partial loops are a long ways away from the marina. You could take the internal bus from the stop at the loop to the Settlement Depot which is where the marina (short walk) is located. Without getting in trouble for expressing my feelings as a camper about this let give a couple of gentle suggestions:

If you get a partial hookup site (the cheapest) there are 2 loops, the 1500 and the 2000. If you don't plan on going to the fort, go ahead and request the 2000, most campers prefer the 1500 and there are twice as many sites in the 2000 loop.

Better yet, if you want to aid the campers, spend the extra $10-15 and get a full hookup site, there are way many more full hookup than partial and you would be doing a favor to the tent campers by freeing up one the limited number of available parital sites.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by suggesting this.
How can you request a certain loop while checking in. I've done the on-line check in and don't see a way to do that.

Haven't done online checkin in a while, there used to be a space to add requests. Apparently that's no longer the case? You would add a request when you call in a phone reservation, or you could call and add it to an existing reservation which I am aware can be a pain.Campers are frequently adding various requests to reservations; some have larger RVs that need extra room and some have other needs.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of the room you booked and were you able to add all 10 people to that reservation? I have a group of 7 and the WDW site would only show me hotels that would hold all 7 of us meaning that the room cost was waaaay up there.

I think it was 85 including tax for a campsite at Fort Wilderness. I added all 10 members of my party for no extra charge since the campsites sleep 10.

Can I book a campsite for every other day for the perks or will it set off red flags?

Unless EMH are very important there is no point. We booked the first day of our trip. That got us magic bands, 2 days of parking & 60 day FP reservations for EVERY day of our 10 day (7 days WDW) trip. I was able to book the 1st 2 days FPs on day 1, then had to log in daily. But our tickets were synced so we were allowed 7 days of FP reservations within our 10 days following our reservation.

Unless EMH are very important there is no point. We booked the first day of our trip. That got us magic bands, 2 days of parking & 60 day FP reservations for EVERY day of our 10 day (7 days WDW) trip. I was able to book the 1st 2 days FPs on day 1, then had to log in daily. But our tickets were synced so we were allowed 7 days of FP reservations within our 10 days following our reservation.

The point is the free parking. 2 days each if reservations are set every other day.

Exactly. It was $84 with tax for the campsite (cheapest rate I saw)
Parking is $20/day--so that is $40 per reservation.
It is still costing you $44 per reservation.

Question about online check in for the room.

How do they know we are guests for the parking lot? Can the parking lot attendant scan our MB?

My question. I have campground ressies for Jan 1-9 but will actually be down offsite on the Dec 27th. IF i had a throwaway for Dec 28th and a 10 day ticket, and was going to the parks starting on the 27th but taking breaks and not going to parks 10 consecutive days, will I run out of fastpass prior to last day? Or will my new ressie for Jan 1-9 kick in and start 10 day window over?

My question. I have campground ressies for Jan 1-9 but will actually be down offsite on the Dec 27th. IF i had a throwaway for Dec 28th and a 10 day ticket, and was going to the parks starting on the 27th but taking breaks and not going to parks 10 consecutive days, will I run out of fastpass prior to last day? Or will my new ressie for Jan 1-9 kick in and start 10 day window over?
Is there a reason why you need the Throwaway for the 28th?

If you have separately linked your 10-day tickets, when your FP booking window opens 60 days before Jan. 1st you'll be able to book FPs for Dec. 27th through Jan. 9th for a total of any 10 park days.

Is there a reason why you need the Throwaway for the 28th?

If you have separately linked your 10-day tickets, when your FP booking window opens 60 days before Jan. 1st you'll be able to book FPs for Dec. 27th through Jan. 9th for a total of any 10 park days.

Parking 2 vehicles for two days, wanted the emh for those 2 days and an earlier fastpass window. Was just seeing if it works financially. It would also get me an extra set of magic bands for SDFP if I use the phantom account

oops nm. my tix cant be linked to both mde's. brain fart
Your tickets are linked to specific Profiles in your MDE account. If you book the Throwaway for the 28th, use the same MDE account and you can book FPs for the 27th through the 29th.

Then, rolling window for the 30th and 31st. Then, a fully open booking window for the 1st through the 9th.

Parking 2 vehicles for two days, wanted the emh for those 2 days and an earlier fastpass window. Was just seeing if it works financially. It would also get me an extra set of magic bands for SDFP if I use the phantom account

This is us as well. We have two sets of cars so it is $40 each day making the $80 much more feasible.
Our split is June 12/13 (in the park two days) and June 15/16 (in the park two days)

I think my concern was if I booked the second stay on a different set of MB with a different MBE account for the extra SDFP we might lose the Parking. Unless somehow we figured how to keep the "extra" MB separate. I thought about making the MBs all one color on the "extra" account or taking out the centers and converting them to lanyards or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter