• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I book a one night throwaway room, can I book dining reservations for my entire 10 night stay offsite on the 180 day mark from my first day?

A couple basic questions here. My throwaway room is booked for June 7.

1. Will I have free parking for 2 cars on both June 7 and June 8th?

2. Can we go to evening EMH on our check-out day, June 8th?

If I book a one night throwaway room, can I book dining reservations for my entire 10 night stay offsite on the 180 day mark from my first day?
It's only for length of Stay and then ADRs are booked day by day for the remainder of your offsite stay.

A couple basic questions here. My throwaway room is booked for June 7.

1. Will I have free parking for 2 cars on both June 7 and June 8th?

2. Can we go to evening EMH on our check-out day, June 8th?
1&2: Yes.

I figured that was the case, but I was hoping to be wrong. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy to get Be Our Guest reservations.
With a 1-night Throwaway, the best case is only 180 + 1. You'd need to book the Throwaway for the night before your hoped for BOG ADR.

With a 1-night Throwaway, the best case is only 180 + 1. You'd need to book the Throwaway for the night before your hoped for BOG ADR.

I guess that's how I'll have to do it. I'm hoping going in January or February during low season will help me get the dining reservations and fastpasses my family wants.

Hello all, I have a question I didn't see answered (but I didn't read every post)....

Do I need to purchase my tickets through Disney when I make the throwaway reservation in order to get the rolling 60 benefits, or can I purchase them from a third party (Undercover Tourist, etc.) and add them to our reservation and still get the benefits?

Another question for clarification- We are planning on buying a 6 day ticket (with check-in of our 1-night throwaway on the first day we go to a Disney park), but our 6 days in Disney parks will likely be spread out over 7 days (because we are using one day to go to Harry Potter). Am I correct that unless we either go to Harry Potter before going to any Disney parks or after using all 6 Disney ticket days, we will end up without rolling 60 benefits for our last Disney day?

Hello all, I have a question I didn't see answered (but I didn't read every post)....

Do I need to purchase my tickets through Disney when I make the throwaway reservation in order to get the rolling 60 benefits, or can I purchase them from a third party (Undercover Tourist, etc.) and add them to our reservation and still get the benefits?

Another question for clarification- We are planning on buying a 6 day ticket (with check-in of our 1-night throwaway on the first day we go to a Disney park), but our 6 days in Disney parks will likely be spread out over 7 days (because we are using one day to go to Harry Potter). Am I correct that unless we either go to Harry Potter before going to any Disney parks or after using all 6 Disney ticket days, we will end up without rolling 60 benefits for our last Disney day?
1. You just have to have tickets linked in MDE. The system recognizes valid tickets not where you purchased them.

2. The system is set up to continually roll the 60-day window forward. It continues to roll 60 days beyond your onsite stay so whenever you book your FPs is fine.

The system is set up to continually roll the 60-day window forward. It continues to roll 60 days beyond your onsite stay so whenever you book your FPs is fine.

Thanks for the response! So in the initial post of this thread it is incorrect where it say that the window only goes up to the length of your tickets?

Thanks for the response! So in the initial post of this thread it is incorrect where it say that the window only goes up to the length of your tickets?
The initial window opens for check-in date through checkout date. You can only book FPs for the total number of ticketed days.

The window rolls on its own - the day after checkout, the 60-day window rolls forward each day. It continues to roll until the guests checkout of the onsite stay. If you had extra tickets, you could book FPs for another trip.

I can see where this can be confusing. I changed it to read:

However, there is a little "glitch" in the systems that allows you to make reservations for the rest of your offsite stay, on a rolling basis, one day at a time, 60 days out. The number of reservations is limited only to the number of days you have on your ticket(s).

I can see where this can be confusing. I changed it to read:

However, there is a little "glitch" in the systems that allows you to make reservations for the rest of your offsite stay, on a rolling basis, one day at a time, 60 days out. The number of reservations is limited only to the number of days you have on your ticket(s).

That is a lot clearer. Thanks!

Been an annual pass holder for 5 years now and never thought of this when I'm off property! Wonderful!

Please help, we check in June 30th, checking out July 1. Have 6 day passes that we planned to start using 7/2 while staying offsite. I signed on to MDE yesterday, only 7/1 was open, didn't make any selections. Signed on this morning, still only 7/1 is open. I thought since we have 6 day passes attached to our MDE we got to make fastpasses for each day we have a pass for...even though we're only staying onsite the one night. Really stressed!

Please help, we check in June 30th, checking out July 1. Have 6 day passes that we planned to start using 7/2 while staying offsite. I signed on to MDE yesterday, only 7/1 was open, didn't make any selections. Signed on this morning, still only 7/1 is open. I thought since we have 6 day passes attached to our MDE we got to make fastpasses for each day we have a pass for...even though we're only staying onsite the one night. Really stressed!
Your question has been answered in the FP FAQ thread. Wait for the window to roll to each offsite day as explained in Post #1 in this thread.

60 days from today is 7/1. You should be able to do fastpasses for 7/2 tomorrow.

I have a reservation for Oct 10-13 through Disney that I'm keeping. I was considering booking 1 throwaway night on Oct 8 for the 60 day FP window for the 8th and 9th and to have parking for those 2 days also bc I'm staying off site the 7th thru the 10th. My question is if I book the 60 day window fp's and then cancelled the 1 night bc we fly instead of drive and use UBER would I lose ALL my fp's reservations or just the ones on the 8th and 9th and the ones for 10-13 would remain bc of existing reservation still?? Also if we do online check in for throwaway room and don't go to resort at all how do you check out? Can we use free parking on the 9th if we don't go to resort at all?

I have a reservation for Oct 10-13 through Disney that I'm keeping. I was considering booking 1 throwaway night on Oct 8 for the 60 day FP window for the 8th and 9th and to have parking for those 2 days also bc I'm staying off site the 7th thru the 10th. My question is if I book the 60 day window fp's and then cancelled the 1 night bc we fly instead of drive and use UBER would I lose ALL my fp's reservations or just the ones on the 8th and 9th and the ones for 10-13 would remain bc of existing reservation still?? Also if we do online check in for throwaway room and don't go to resort at all how do you check out? Can we use free parking on the 9th if we don't go to resort at all?
You won't lose your FPs. The 1st post answers all your questions.

I'd like to remind everyone this thread is about booking and keeping the Throwaway Room. Posts that discuss booking and Canceling have been Deleted with Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter