Throw back... wonders of life

tubiemom

Earning My Ears
We were watching Tim Tracker the other day and as he was walking into the festival center he was talking about how it use to be Wonders of Life and my 4yr old started to ask about what Wonders of Life was...

For me Wonders of Life is most of my memories from my first trip to Disney when I was a little girl. We spent hours in there. I loved Wonders of Life as a 7yr old!

Now I have a 4yr old who likes to read about the liver before bed (one of her best friends had a liver transplant) and about the digestive system (she has a feeding tube) she cried as I told her about Wonders of Life because she kept asking why they don't still have an area about the body and how much she would love that...

One can only dream that in the redone Epcot there is a body area... sadly I doubt it, but I know it would make the 7 year old in me smile and it would make my little girl giddy! For now we watch old youtube videos of inside Wonders of Life

It was my favorite when I was young and I still miss it dearly. I never thought about looking it up on Youtube (duh!). I know what I'm doing tonight :yay:

We were watching Tim Tracker the other day and as he was walking into the festival center he was talking about how it use to be Wonders of Life and my 4yr old started to ask about what Wonders of Life was...

For me Wonders of Life is most of my memories from my first trip to Disney when I was a little girl. We spent hours in there. I loved Wonders of Life as a 7yr old!

Now I have a 4yr old who likes to read about the liver before bed (one of her best friends had a liver transplant) and about the digestive system (she has a feeding tube) she cried as I told her about Wonders of Life because she kept asking why they don't still have an area about the body and how much she would love that...

One can only dream that in the redone Epcot there is a body area... sadly I doubt it, but I know it would make the 7 year old in me smile and it would make my little girl giddy! For now we watch old youtube videos of inside Wonders of Life
I liked Wonders of Life as an adult. I always made a point to go there and do all the things/shows there. Sad it went away. It was great for kids.

OMG we went on Body Wars once. My mom is a retired RN so she thought it would be super interesting. I as a child was up for it but felt super sick during it.
I can remember crying "mommy my stomach hurts" and she said "mine too close your eyes".
We never went on again lol.

Body Wars was too intense for me but Cranium Command was terrific. Never got around to seeing Making Of Me, it's probably on YouTube by now.

Wonders of Life was awesome! Loved Body Wars and Cranium Command the most. Our daughters and son loved it too. So sad that it is gone. I don't think we'll ever see it's like again at Disney.

Cranium Command would be perfect as Inside Out - minimum changes required!

Does anyone remember at Wonders of Life, when they had the attraction where you could get your golf swing or baseball swing analyzed, and then some pro would come on the overhead TV and tell you about it (frankly I think the CM pushed the correct button of about 6 choices)? I know they had it in 1989-all my family remembers it, but I never saw it there after that.

I used to LOVE Body Wars! But the only person who would ever go on it with me was my dad, so I only got to ride it like twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter