• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thrifty - Orlando Magiccard

My3kiddos

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if using the orlando magiccard corporate code still gives a free additional driver with Thrifty? There used to be a disclaimer on mousesavers but it's not there anymore, so I thought maybe they were still giving the free additional driver. I was just wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.

A few years ago I booked a weekly rental with Thrifty using the magic Card.
I brought all the paper work with me to the counter.
The agent told me I wasn't on the system, they had no cars available, the magic card and reservation/confirmation documents that I brought with me ment nothing to him, an additional driver is $10 per day, if I wanted to rent a car from Thrify it would cost 3 times more than the price of the confirmation papers and I would have to wait for a car to become available.
It was the ugliest experience I ever had at the airport.
The supervisor finnaly figured out what happened and gave us a car for the original confirm rate. They still wanted an extra $10 per day for an additional driver.
I'll never rent from Thrifty again. Ever.
Since then I joined National Emerald club for free. I automaticlly get an additional driver for free with decent cars and rates on the Emerald Isle.
Good luck all,
Joe

Does anyone know if using the orlando magiccard corporate code still gives a free additional driver with Thrifty? There used to be a disclaimer on mousesavers but it's not there anymore, so I thought maybe they were still giving the free additional driver. I was just wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.

No, the additional driver is no longer included with that code.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

A few years ago I booked a weekly rental with Thrifty using the magic Card.
I brought all the paper work with me to the counter.
The agent told me I wasn't on the system, they had no cars available, the magic card and reservation/confirmation documents that I brought with me ment nothing to him, an additional driver is $10 per day, if I wanted to rent a car from Thrify it would cost 3 times more than the price of the confirmation papers and I would have to wait for a car to become available.
It was the ugliest experience I ever had at the airport.
The supervisor finnaly figured out what happened and gave us a car for the original confirm rate. They still wanted an extra $10 per day for an additional driver.
I'll never rent from Thrifty again. Ever.
Since then I joined National Emerald club for free. I automaticlly get an additional driver for free with decent cars and rates on the Emerald Isle.
Good luck all,
Joe

Sorry you had such a bad experience. We used Thrifty @ TPA last year and it was a breeze. The free additional driver was still in effect then.

Does anyone know of any codes that include an additional driver with Thrifty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter