Thrifty car rental - Lower Rates

luvmygirls

Mouseketeer
Not sure what other car rental co's everyone uses, but we reserved with Thrifty for our upcoming trip. I just went on today & lowered our mini-van rental from $279 - $225 & our SUV rental from $250 - $215! :cool1: With the price of gas per gallon, I'm happy!

They are also offering now thru Dec 15, a reward of triple miles with various airlines for booking. www.thrifty.com - go to bottom of page it says partner programs, so I got a cheaper rate + flight miles for booking! You have to book from 3-7 days to get this rate..

Shelly :)

darn them they wouldn't let me use the promotion code for my dates but it was still a pretty good deal so i might just book.

I was playing around over there and I see that I was getting my best rate without ANY codes! The rates are looking very good - although not as good as the rate that I was able to get a month or so ago. :(

Aha, I see what I did, I was trying to book for longer than 7 days, I cut my days down and it was waaaaaaaaay cheaper than any other place. Almost half price. :cool1:

tinaluis said:
Thrifty is off site and you have to take a shuttle to get there.

tinaluis is correct, Thrifty is off site. We have only rented from on-site companies in the past, but since this trip is only DH and me, I figured that it would not be too much of a hassle to try one off site. I asked here on the board about people's experiences with Thrifty and I only got postive comments. :)

We are paying $122 total for a mid size car for a week. :cool1:

Yes Thrifty is off-site, which I was leary about b/c we have 11 ppl total & 4 of them are kids that are 7 & under!! But, when I called & asked they said there was an in-airport button to press to contact the shuttle, so hopefully the wait isn't too long! I have used Thrifty 3 times in the past 3 years, and never once had a problem renting from them..

P.S. Yes the rate is the same with or without the codes, I just used the codes to book for the extra airline miles :)
Just an FYI, the same vehicle I booked with a base rate of 168.99 at Thrifty is a baserate of 253.99 with Budget..

Shelly

Just returned from WDW and used Thrifty once again for our rental. They offered the best price (full-size car for 17 days for a total of $363). We were also upgraded for the second time. Last summer they ran out of the car we reserved and upgraded us to a mini-van. This year, they ran out again and upgraded us to the new Chrysler 300 that looks like a Bentley. Both upgrades were at NO additional cost.
We have had nothing but positive experiences with Thrifty and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. One side note, they are getting tougher with the damage inspections upon return of the car. Make sure you check the car out and report any damage to the rental agent before you leave the lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter