Three Kings Day! Strawberry filled Churros!

I'll be going to the park on that day. I'll be blogging about it here on the DIS. :)

Strawberry filled churros?!!! :cloud9: OK seriously, I was debating returning to DLR after the 1/2 crowd debacle but I really should get down there for the strawberry filled churros! Holy cow!

What is Zocalo park?

Yet another example of what makes DL so special. If this was a WDW event they would only make a couple dozen and it would be a 4 hour wait to be turned away.

Gotta love DL! Yum! :love:

This is a lot of fun and should not be missed.

They have meet & greets with Fiesta Mickey & Minnie, and the Three Caballeros. They have free coloring and stickers for the kids. Free face painting.
Mickey and Minnie arrive with a dance group who pick up kids to follow them around the area. The kids are given maracas to shake and dance with.
(Fun note: the Dancer in green is normally a P&F Fireside Girl)

Video Link:
http://youtu.be/DEps590_u0c
Dancers4trim.jpg

The Mariachi Divas (larger than normal group with the founder, Cindy) play on a small stage with performances from the Ballet Foliorico dancers. They even sang a song I asked about, (El Rancho Grande) as an upbeat dance.

Dancers.jpg

Mickey.jpg
Minnie.jpg

The food was OK, not teriffic.
145.jpg

This is a lot of fun and should not be missed.

They have meet & greets with Fiesta Mickey & Minnie, and the Three Caballeros. They have free coloring and stickers for the kids. Free face painting.
Mickey and Minnie arrive with a dance group who pick up kids to follow them around the area. The kids are given maracas to shake and dance with.
(Fun note: the Dancer in green is normally a P&F Fireside Girl)

Video Link:
http://youtu.be/DEps590_u0c
Dancers4trim.jpg

The Mariachi Divas (larger than normal group with the founder, Cindy) play on a small stage with performances from the Ballet Foliorico dancers. They even sang a song I asked about, (El Rancho Grande) as an upbeat dance.

Dancers.jpg

Mickey.jpg
Minnie.jpg

The food was OK, not teriffic.
145.jpg

Your pics came out great! I think I was at the same show. Did you see a couple dancing there for their 10th anniversary to "At Last?"

397648_2748589245141_1569881927_32510826_1443489305_n.jpg

Here are my friend Yasmin and me with Donald, Jose, & Panchito.

383151_2749305383044_1569881927_32511093_467907361_n.jpg

Yes, same performance.
It was great to see the Grammy winning Divas, with the founder Cindy Shea.
Divas.jpg

This was well done, the singers are very good and had both of them crying at the end.....
Anni.jpg

Great pics! What time was the show?! Did you try the strawberry churros?

The Show(s) run continuously....
Meet the Caballeros - Mickey & Minnie arrive and dance - M & M meet & greet - Mariaichi Divas with Ballet Foliorico... Meet the Caballeros - Mickey and Minnie arrive and dance - etc. etc.

Free Face Painting, coloring with stickers all the time. Note: When Mickey and Minnie leave they visit the kids at each table coloring.... Very Cute.

I did not try the strawberry churros.

We attended this event today and it was fantastic! We walked up right when Mickey & Minnie were leading the dance/parade through Zocalo Park. DH got into line for us to take pics w/characters and DD and I did stickers and coloring next to the line (the line was pretty long, about 25 minutes in the sun).

We had a quick lunch at the restaurant nearby...the food was just ok. The tamales were kinda ehhh but the rice and beans were pretty good.

We then did face painting and took a short DLR survey about the event...informed them that we'd definitely recommend this type of event to others and that we'd come back for more events.

I hope DLR hosts more weekend events like these to showcase different cultures or different holidays. It's nice to see free activities like face painting and arts & crafts w/Mickey and Minnie dressed up in other outfits. What a fun day!

Strawberry filled churros!

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

They were delicious! I still like the regular churros better. Churro purist!

Here's my cousin dancing with the maraca they gave her on Friday.
photo1.jpg

Thanks so much for the photos - looks like it was a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter