Three days at WDW - which parks?

NCLinda

Earning My Ears
Hi - Dh and I are taking Ds (11) and Dd (12) on the land/sea package. We are doing three days of WDW before the cruise.

We will be arriving in Orlando, Wednesday, Nov 26 around noon.
We will be checking into Beach Club and have park passes for the Th. 27, Fri. 28 and Sat. 29th.
Cruise begins on the 30th

My questions for the experienced:
What should we do and where should we stay on the 26th?
Given ages of my kids, which parks would you do on which of the 3 days we have?
Any "don't miss?"

HELP,
Linda

Do you have Park Hopper passes? If you do you can do more then one park in one day. My advice to you is get a guide book and see which rides, or shows your kids want to do and plan. With only three days you need a plan. Use EE & fast passes. Try not to do MK on Sat. It is will be way to busy to enjoy anything there.
Go, enjoy and don't worry about what you missed, There is always next trip! Gina

If it were me, I'd probably do MK first, then spend Friday in MGM, then Saturday in Epcot. If AK is a must do, then I'd split MGM into a half day, doing AK first in the morning.

If you can schedule seeing Wishes and Fantasmic, and try to not to do a commando schedule, you might be able to relax and enjoy the three days. It's plenty of time to stroll around and enjoy what they have to offer before your cruise.

Have a great time!!

Melissa

I think you can easily visit the highlights of all 4 parks in 3 days. The only problem is when you are going - Thanksgiving weekend! I would expect crowds to peak then so it might be a bit more difficult.

As for what to miss/not miss, it depends on your kids. Are they "past" the fantasy stuff or are they still willing to admit they actually like Pooh, Buzz, and the other MK offerings? If they are thrill seekers, you've got the 3 mountains in MK. In EPCOT, you've got Test Track and Mission Space. In MGM you've got Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. In AK, you've got Dinosaur and Kali Rapids.

If they like a good show, definitely try to hit Fantasmic at MGM. I haven't seen Wishes yet but I'd agree with trying to fit that in one nite if you guys like fireworks.

I could go on and on. Just go and have a good time. Whatever you pick will be great. Tough to go wrong at WDW.

Steve

Hey NCLinda!

We'll be doing the land/sea pkg. same as you. You will arrive earlier than we do on Wed. We arrive at 4:30 pm.

This is OUR plan..may change a bit, but for now, this it what it is.

We're going to spend Wed. evening at DTD or walk around Boardwalk. We'll be staying at the Dolphin. Our passes don't begin until Thursday, so we can't do the parks yet.

Thursday- I would recommend staying away from MK this day!! Or hit it first thing and get out. This is what I learned on these boards. They say stay away. But I'm think if you wanted to early.
We're going to EPCOT this day. Our plan is to spend the whole day here. May go back for a break at the hotel then go back.

Friday- This is an EE for Animal Kingdom. Go there first thing til the afternoon.This is the best time to see the animals when they first get up. Then we'll go over to MK the rest of the day. We've been to MK many times since we used to live by Disneyland. May hit some of our favorite rides. But this place will be VERY crowded. So not sure what rides we'll get in.

Sat- EE for MGM- Spend most of the day here.

We're leaving it open that if we want to spend 1/2 day at Epcot, then go over to Typhoon Lagoon we may. Since we've never been to WDW, we're not sure what eveyone will want to do.

I just plan to take advantage of EE and Fastpasses.
We don't have a lot of time, but I"m sure we'll make the most of it.

Have a great time and we'll see ya on the ship! :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter