Thread count

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
I was wondering, since the DIS board went down(ever to return?), most of us are reduced to single figure postings, i myself had clocked up nearly an impressive 900 on the other board, is there anyway we can have our posting number changed?, as im sure most of us prided ourselves on these numbers LOL. One for the Mods?, what do you all think??.

Jules

Jules, I know that this was something brought up when we first came over to the US boards after the 'crash', and I think the answer was "sorry, but can't be done".

Maybe it will give us all an incentive to get our new post counts up ;)

Hi Jules!

Yes, this can be done as I've had my post count re-set twice here on the US Boards.

I suspect the trouble is that you can't prove anything - i.e. I could say, please add 100,000 to my post count that I lost! - LOL

Remember that the US DIS and UK DIS were two seperate identities.

Only 900 eh? - Pity me with over 3,500 and Shirley with well over 6,000 lost!

Ho hum......time to get broadband!

I don't know for sure, but I wonder whether part of the problem might also be one of 'if we do it for some, then another 35,000 members are going to ask to have their post count amended'. I'm not the most technically minded mod of the bunch :rolleyes:, so Bonzo may well be correct in saying it is possible, I just don't know.

As Bonzo says there isn't a way of 'proving' what your count was, so it would be difficult (not to mention time-consuming) to do fairly.

At the end of the day- you know what they say about quality, not quantity ;)

Oh well it was worth a try!!!
There are some honest people out here Hilary.

Jules

I thought I was going mad - cause after 8 months of being away I came back to find the boards changed and I'd lost all my posting counts. I thought I'd been bad or something for not posting for so long and as punishment they put me back to number 1!!!

Katy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter