Thoughts on the Tasmania portion of Australia trip?

paddles

Mouseketeer
Hi - Australia has always been on my bucket list, and I would love to go next Dec. Its a super expensive trip (and even tougher when adding airfare), but I have wanted to go so badly for the last 10 years.

We're going on a Disney cruise next week, and I'm hoping they offer a 10% discount for ABD bookings....which will just offset the 10% YoY increase in the Australia trip prices. :)

For anyone who's gone on this new itinerary, I have a couple questions:

1) did you feel you had enough time in Sydney?

2) what did you think of the Tasmania portion of the trip? Was it worthwhile for the 3 days that ABD has now dedicated to it?

thanks so much for your insights!

I live in Australia and have been to Tassie a number of times. It is the most beautiful place, with fabulous food and amazing countryside. I suspect you will love tat portion of the trip the most!

Thank you for your reply. I've been reading other things about Tasmania, and it sounds really incredible.

I've signed up the family for the Australia trip next Dec while I was on a cruise last week to take advantage of the 10% discount....that's pretty huge for an expensive trip like Australia. I'm hoping the Costco discount also stacks on top of it to make it even a better deal. I have until next week to cancel and get my deposit back, so I'm doing a bunch of research to make up my mind.

Australia has always been on my bucket list, so I think we may bite the bullet on the cost and go next year :cool1:

We went this summer. Australia had been on my bucket list as well for quite some time. I thought the Tasmania portion was wonderful. A couple of my favorite spots were on this portion. The area is beautiful and complimented the trip nicely!

We felt that we had plenty of time in Sydney. Of course, you could always find more to do if you stay longer, but did not feel rushed in my opinion.

It truly is an amazing trip!!

We're definitely in for next Dec....I can't wait to meet other folks who will be on the Dec 18th trip as well.

Its such a good deal with the on-board discount from DCL (10%), and I also get Costco cash cards (worth nearly 8% of the trip) since I booked with Costco as the travel agent.

We'd also like to spend a few days in New Zealand before or after the trip and see some Lord of the Rings highlights. :)

It would also be amazing to be in Sydney for for NYE and see the fireworks.

Oh, so much planning to do in the next year!! I'm so excited!! :cool1:

At least they're calling the Australian trip just "Australia" now instead of "Australia and Tasmania"!

It is lovely down there though.

I still wish they'd get the spelling of Mrs Macquarie's Chair sorted out on their literature and website. They're spelling it "Mrs McQuarie's Chair".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter