Thoughts on Poly?

We have an October UY and it is hard to find additional contracts to add on. I would probably do a different UY

Yes, if OP is looking to add on at some of the older resorts then Oct isn't the easiest. And it's simpler to keep everything in a single UY. However at some resorts it's no different than other UY's. (I also have Oct as well as Apr UY's and have done the hunt more than once. :) )

If it fits what you want for a UY, is the right amount of points, and is the right resort, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Yes, you probably could have found a cheaper deal somewhere. I got 100 @ PVB for $137 a point. $12 x 100 is $1,200. Does $1,200 make or break whether you want it or not? I wouldn't worry too much about that, but everyone's financial situation and approach to their finances is different. I will admit, I saw a 100 point PVB contract go for $120 a point during COVID, and that stung for a second, until I realized the money was already spent and that was truly an anomaly. Just enjoy being a DVC member, I get where you're coming from, but I would urge you to get past the money. If you paid $175 a point, I would probably have a different tune, but anything under $150 for PVB is good, and you still saved $96 a point over direct!

I wouldn't wring my hands over $500. (And I'm a penny-pinching deal finder on most purchases.)

If the contract is right for you, enjoy it without guilt!

Well folks it has been 10 days and we decided to move forward on it!

We decided the Oct UY on the perfect size contract for us makes it worth it. We found a slightly cheaper Dec contract this week but passed because we would hate to lose points in a situation where we have an Oct or Nov trip and had to cancel. All it takes is one unfortunate last minute cancelation over the life of the membership to cancel out the savings from buying the wrong UY!

We decided the Oct UY on the perfect size contract for us makes it worth it. We found a slightly cheaper Dec contract this week but passed because we would hate to lose points in a situation where we have an Oct or Nov trip and had to cancel. All it takes is one unfortunate last minute cancelation over the life of the membership to cancel out the savings from buying the wrong UY!

Congrats!

100% agree!

Oct is perfect for us, too and I wouldn't trade it for an "easier to get" UY that isn't ideal. I enjoy the peace of mind knowing that I'm traveling early in my UY and if something unexpected happens, our points are likely safe.

We have an October UY at Poly it works well for us good choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter