Thoughts on Planning for Last Minute 2-Day Trip

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Okay, I am totally stuck, so I'm putting it to the DIS! I have booked flights and hotel for July 30 to August 2, but I can't decide what to do regarding the After Hours. I thought I might combine the After Hours with a Water Park since my friends hate them so I never get to go.

Here's my possible plans:
  • 1-Day Park Hopper Plus: First day do HS to EP to AK I can do this solo rather easily - I'd only be hitting the highlights. I want to do the new ROL at AK and really explore at night - it is open until 10.
    • Second Day: Waterpark for a bit, then After Hours at 7 PM.
  • 2-Day Park Hopper: I would have two full days, probably doing HS & MK (EMH that night to midnight) then Epcot and AK at night (open until 10).
    • If I added Plus I could do the waterpark on departure day since my flight isn't until 5:30 PM. Would this be a hassle though as I would have to check out of my room?
So option one reduces my total number of park hours, but if the After Hours are valuable enough that could make up for it. Would the MK EMH be similar? Option 2 gives me more hours, but I'd be cramming it in! I'd get more time, but possibly longer waits at MK. I would get two rope-drops though. I appreciate thoughts and suggestions. This one really has me going in circles. Thanks!

You have MK after hours, right?

I've heard that at the MK After Hours the amount of things you get done is about equal to the amount of things you'd get done in a full park day. If it's not super stressful I'd go with option one, however, I know that many would probably disagree. We never park hop anyways so I don't even know how that works out time-wise.

You have MK after hours, right?

I've heard that at the MK After Hours the amount of things you get done is about equal to the amount of things you'd get done in a full park day. If it's not super stressful I'd go with option one, however, I know that many would probably disagree. We never park hop anyways so I don't even know how that works out time-wise.

I haven't decided if I want to go to the After Hours yet, but you make a good case. I've just heard that crowds are a bit mixed, and a bit higher at the Villains event. Then again, it was the whole reason I stared even thinking about a trip at this moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter