Thoughts on Bungalows?

Okay, as promised... we checked in today. Bungalow #3. The pools are heated. Temp is the same as feature pool. You can feel warm coming from the two jet returns at the bottom.

every time we have stayed in one, the pool was heated.

again, these are not heated to the same temp as the hot tubs in the cabins. But they are also not “unheated” pools of ambient temp water.

Okay, as promised... we checked in today. Bungalow #3. The pools are heated. Temp is the same as feature pool. You can feel warm coming from the two jet returns at the bottom.

every time we have stayed in one, the pool was heated.

again, these are not heated to the same temp as the hot tubs in the cabins. But they are also not “unheated” pools of ambient temp water.
That definitely makes sense that they have some heating even if it’s not hot tub levels as it can get quite cold in Orlando in the winter months and with it being so small it wouldn’t take much to make it too chilly to use.

Staying in a bungalow was one of the most magical memories of my life.... view of the castle, electric light pageant, and sipping coffee overlooking the hustle and bustle of everyone starting their day at MK. Just amazing. My kids loved the plunge pool. There was a little wear and tear in the bungalow, but overall it was worth it. I only stayed one night. The cabins look amazing too.... it’s on my bucket list! Good luck with your decision!

We stayed in a bungalow once a few years ago in January. I agree with the above comment about boat horn noise. I am a light sleeper and it really bothered me. I didn't sleep well during our stay. Also, it was not warm enough for us to enjoy the plunge pool. Finally, we much prefer the bed layout of the second bedroom in DVC two bedroom units with two queen beds rather than one queen and one twin pull down in the Bungalow. For all those reasons I would not use my points on a bungalow again. I much prefer the luxurious feel of a two bedroom villa at GF.

I have a plethora of points right now, but I refuse to use them on a bungalow out of principle. I can get a grand villa elsewhere for less and I suspect many members may have the same sentiment as they often sit empty.

I have a plethora of points right now, but I refuse to use them on a bungalow out of principle. I can get a grand villa elsewhere for less and I suspect many members may have the same sentiment as they often sit empty.

Fair enough. I prefer the ambiance of a bungalow (and/or cabin) to the space of a GV. But having a family of 4 might be one reason why i feel that way. Anyhow, I’m glad that people have different tastes with these things. Usually (though not always) I can get a bungalow or cabin at 7 months. Harder lately with all the extra points floating around but still possible.

I generally find the “cabins and bungalows sit empty” is a myth.

I know someone who stayed in a bungalow in January and they said the pool was pretty cool. They did not think it felt heated.

I generally find the “cabins and bungalows sit empty” is a myth.
I wondered about that.

Right now, it looks as if there is almost no availability for CCV cabins and PVB bungalows for the rest of 2021.

Now, we all recognize that this is going to be one of the toughest years to book ever. (Because of unused points from last year.) Still, I was surprised that the cabins and bungalows are just as difficult to get as Studios at the moment.

I stayed in a bungalow for 4 nights in Feb a few years ago, I will be in a cabin this november. I loved the bungalow, had the ohana feast deliverd on super bowl sunday and had breakfast delivered on our last day. (that was because I did not want to leave the bungalow until the last minute) I am sure that the cabin will be wonderful, do either or both if you have the points for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter