Thoughts on Anaheim Marriott?

countrymommy

Earning My Ears
Hello all! :wave: Just found out today we are going to Disneyland Dec 3-6th!! :cheer2:. (First time) It will be me and two teenagers age 17 and 18. Any thoughts on the Anaheim Marriott? I can get it for $85 which seems like a pretty good deal. I'll have a car but I don't have a good feel for the lay of the land. Thanks in advance and I'm sure I'll be back with a question or two :goodvibes

I've stayed there before mainly for conventions, its fine, not super close but not too far. Close to Roscoes Chicken and Waffles :) You can take the shuttle(ART i think?) or walk, its not really that bad considering how much you walk at DL. I have also heard of people walking across the street to Toy Story lot and taking that shuttle. Have fun.

I've stayed there before mainly for conventions, its fine, not super close but not too far. Close to Roscoes Chicken and Waffles :) You can take the shuttle(ART i think?) or walk, its not really that bad considering how much you walk at DL. I have also heard of people walking across the street to Toy Story lot and taking that shuttle. Have fun.
Thank you! What did you think of the hotel itself?

Thank you! What did you think of the hotel itself?

The room was fine. I stayed there for business(they look at cost)so didn't get to use the pool or anything. But the rooms were clean and employees were friendly. Good hotel for the cost. Parking is kind of high IMO.

I've stayed there a ton, held a conference there last year. Love the hotel. Rooms are nice, customer service is top notch. They've recently remodeled and have upgraded the restaurant and pool area. Parking at hotel is costly, but if you have a car, you really won't have a choice. You can walk or take the ART. Also you can walk across the street to the Toy Story parking lot and catch the trams.

I literally just left there today from a business trip and was thoroughly disappointed.

For $85 it is great but for a full-service Marriott from a Platinum member it was a bit of a let down. I was in the Oasis Tower and it was small, dated and a bit run down. Parking was expensive so be sure to factor that in especially if you are gonna drive in. I would wanna shuttle or drive. It is walkable but will be a hike all the way to the gates.

The new Courtyard and Holiday Inn Express are much nicer properties IMO...now it is in no way a dive to be avoided and is not bad for $85, but for a full service property it was on the lower end of properties I have stayed at.

Would not be one of my go to options for a DL trip in the future...but i like being close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter