Thoughts, change CBR to WL or AKL?

jenleahs

Mouseketeer
Ok....after my last minute plan to go to WDW for halloween I am having second thoughts about my reservation.....I have a water view room at CBR for 5 nights, 6 day tickets and the dining plan.

I have been thinking about changing to WL.....a woods view bunk bed room will only cost $500 more

or AKL for a standard room will cost $298 more.....

Any thoughts about changing? It is just myself and my 3 year old daughter going.

I am leaning towards AKL but am not sure if it is even worth it seeing as with her we will be at MK non-stop.....

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

I would stay at the CBR if you enjoy the island theming of the resort. I see it's get a kinda bad repututation sometimes, but we have been going there since I was a kid and we love it. I still say it's got one of the best food courts in all the resorts and the bus ride to the MK is not too long.

We visited the AKL and plan on staying there in a upcoming trip. The resort is beautiful and for an extra $200 or so I might consider staying there too.

I cannot comment on the WL since I have never stayed there.

if you are going to be at MK non-stop then WL would be great if you can do it. I would stay at both WL and AKL.

At WL you can just ride the boat over and then there's the fun, free stuff over at Ft Wilderness if you need a break. You could walk over or boat over.

You could boat over to the Contemporary and eat at Chef Mickey's! Our 3 yr old LOVED it there. He still talks about Minnie Mouse zooming his Buzz Lightyear around and pretend giggling with him. It's a clear, magical memory for him.

Whatever you decide you'll have fun! I wish we could be there this year! (next June seems so far away)

Take Care!

If you're going to be at MK most of the time, WL would save you tons of travel time over AKL.

If you want to save big bucks by staying at a moderate instead, you would minimize travel time to MK by staying at Port Orleans French Quarter instead of at Caribbean.

I was assuming you'd be using Disney (bus from AKL, CB or POFQ, boat from WL) transport. If you're driving your own car, travel times from the different resorts to MK aren't a big factor.

Thatnks for the ideas.....

Am not considering POR FQ as we will be at Riverside Dec 19-30th and I just don't want to do that twice in a row.

Oh....still not sure what to do.

I was assuming you'd be using Disney (bus from AKL, CB or POFQ, boat from WL) transport. If you're driving your own car, travel times from the different resorts to MK aren't a big factor.

Disney transportation all the way! We are flying in

I think whatever you do it will be great but since you are handling the three year old alone I think the WL just makes it more simple for you and her.

If it were just my son and I would definitely want to be close to MK to minimize his transportation time.

I think whatever you do it will be great but since you are handling the three year old alone I think the WL just makes it more simple for you and her.

If it were just my son and I would definitely want to be close to MK to minimize his transportation time.

thanks....

but then again she loves, loves riding the disney buses for some odd reason.....last trip we took a few just because......and that was her choice even though we were at Cont and could take the monorail...she's a goofball at times!

Am not considering POR FQ as we will be at Riverside Dec 19-30th and I just don't want to do that twice in a row.

POFQ is actually pretty different from POR. Bus service to and from MK is quicker. They share buses to other parks, but usually not to MK. And there are not multiple stops within POFQ as in POR. The POFQ food court is smaller but much less hectic than POR.

But if $$$ is not a major consideration I would stay at WL and take the boat to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter