Thoughts about June this year

Wdw1015

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for June 8th-16th so obviously before Toy Story Land. I keep reading how much lighter the summer crowds have been the past few years, I’m just curious what your thoughts are about this June. I would be curious to see if people that had June trips planned, assuming Toy Story land was opening on Memorial Day weekend, have decided to push them out further. Or if people keep reading how much lighter the crowds are and have decided this would be a great time to go. On a selfish level, I’m hoping people are holding out for July! :rolleyes1Thoughts?

We're going May 30-June 9 and although I was at first disappointed by the Toy Story opening coming after we leave (we made reservations last Sept/Oct)....I started hoping people will reschedule their vacations for it. :teeth: I wouldn't want tons of people to miss it ya know lol

We will be there from June 12-June 23. I've been wondering how busy it will be too. We will be staying at POR and it's pretty booked up and I've tried to change a few dining reservations but I haven't been able to. Does this mean it will be busier than the past 2 years? I was really hoping that this June was going to be slow since SW land is opening next year and we are just missing Toy Story land.

We're going June 7-12. Since it is an unusually short trip for us, I was hoping the crowds would be light. However, not feeling confident since our resort seems booked up and ADRs are limited. Really want EMM, but our 2 possible dates sold out quickly. We went last year in early August and crowds were low. We had no trouble getting any FP or ADR and the longest wait we had was 30 min for Navi. Hope the crowds stay away until Toy Story land opens.

Same boat here. I'm hoping for lighter crowds but I doubt many people rescheduled their summer plans around TSL. We're staying at the B Resort and it is also booked :(.

We're going to be there June 1 -12. We expected TSL to open at end of May just like Pandora did. We we're disappointed to hear it wouldn't open until end of June. Somehow I feel like that wasn't the original plan not to open at beginning of summer season. In any case we already had too many good reservation set to push things back. The way I look at it is it will just be new to us next year when we go. There is always enough to do in WDW that any closure or delay is not enough to make us not go or change our plans.

We are planning the last two weeks in June and are hoping for lighter crowds that have been showing up. Due to the summer heat we rope drop and go late evenings if possible, but according to current listed hours, the parks appear to be closing early again this year and I'm ok with that with the exception of AK. Was hoping some evenings at Animal Kingdom when the sun goes down. The entertainment and the bioluminescence of pandora really pop. Why close the park 15 minutes after sundown?

We are planning the last two weeks in June and are hoping for lighter crowds that have been showing up. Due to the summer heat we rope drop and go late evenings if possible, but according to current listed hours, the parks appear to be closing early again this year and I'm ok with that with the exception of AK. Was hoping some evenings at Animal Kingdom when the sun goes down. The entertainment and the bioluminescence of pandora really pop. Why close the park 15 minutes after sundown?

FYI - We're a little early for hours the last two weeks of June to be final/totally reliable. I'd keep an eye out for them to possibly change.

We are planning a trip for June 8th-16th so obviously before Toy Story Land. I keep reading how much lighter the summer crowds have been the past few years, I’m just curious what your thoughts are about this June. I would be curious to see if people that had June trips planned, assuming Toy Story land was opening on Memorial Day weekend, have decided to push them out further. Or if people keep reading how much lighter the crowds are and have decided this would be a great time to go. On a selfish level, I’m hoping people are holding out for July! :rolleyes1Thoughts?

There's really no way for anyone here (unless they have access to WDW reservations, etc...) to truly know. We've been the last 3 summer straight and are going again this year. Except for July 3rd and 4th in MK, the crowds have been light and we're hoping for the same again this year...but only time will tell.

I am going mid-June and I only booked my flghts 10 days ago so wasn't locked into June before the announcement of when TSL would open. I chose June over July partly because of the large tour groups that are said to frequent WDW in July and am hoping crowds wouldn't be as bad as in July because of TSL but not counting on that.

I am going mid-June and I only booked my flghts 10 days ago so wasn't locked into June before the announcement of when TSL would open. I chose June over July partly because of the large tour groups that are said to frequent WDW in July and am hoping crowds wouldn't be as bad as in July because of TSL but not counting on that.

Last June we only ran into one tour group. Unfortunately they were awful and pushed their way in front of those of who had been waiting 45 minutes for HEA. They stepped on small children sitting on the ground and several people got really upset with them. They kept pushing until they were near the front. I was worried a fight would break out because of their behavior.

We're going May 30-June 9 and although I was at first disappointed by the Toy Story opening coming after we leave (we made reservations last Sept/Oct)....I started hoping people will reschedule their vacations for it. :teeth: I wouldn't want tons of people to miss it ya know lol

This made me laugh.... exactly my thoughts.

We go about the same time every year, due to DH's work schedule. June 13-21st is our trip this year.

I am bummed that Toy story will not be opening for our trip, but then I remember the Pandora crowds during last years June trip. It was crazy!!

We went in June 2016 and had a blast but my teenagers HATED the hot miserable weather. I told my employees upon my return to work "Never again in June" ....and yet here we are.
After a beautiful comfortable Feb 2017 vacation........due to college & baseball schedules we have to chooses June again. :worship:

(fresh change of clothing mid-day or a/c in room and buses helps)

Last June we only ran into one tour group. Unfortunately they were awful and pushed their way in front of those of who had been waiting 45 minutes for HEA. They stepped on small children sitting on the ground and several people got really upset with them. They kept pushing until they were near the front. I was worried a fight would break out because of their behavior.
That behavior is dispicable! People like that should be kicked out. Did any CMs see them?

We'll be down the 2-9. I was pretty bummed that TS wouldn't be open, but with it being our first time down, I couldn't imagine fighting those crowds so I'm glad now that we're missing it. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter