Thought I would pass along this flash sale I got a notice for at the Tropicana

Just wanted to add that we just returned from a 4 night stay at the Tropicana and we would return! Overall, it was a positive experience and the location is great!
Tropicana is definitely one of my favorite “crosswalk” hotels, we have never had anything but a good experience there. I like how even though it is exterior rooms, because they all face into the center where the parking and pool is it feels a little more isolated.

We are booked at the Fairfield. Does anyone recommend switching hotels? We have 3 nights and would only save about $50.

We are booked at the Fairfield. Does anyone recommend switching hotels? We have 3 nights and would only save about $50.

I have not stayed at the Fairfield, but from what we saw in person, the added walking distance is minimal - 2/10 of a mile according to google maps! lol! The Fairfield is much larger, but seems a touch nicer or more upscale than the Tropicana. The Tropicana was updated and very clean, but it was no frills. The Fairfield at least gives you the Marriott amenities, and there is a Panera and McDonald's right in front which is very convenient. If the price difference was significant, I would switch, but I don't think I would for $50.

I thought I'd just tack on to this thread, I just got an email from Camelot (Trop's sister property) for rooms at $169 through June, family suites at $199.

This may belong in a larger thread. But what's up with these flash promos? There was another thread for the HOJO flash family sale. Plus, availability at all three DLR Hotels through the reservation period and into the Summer.

I'm starting to wonder if travelers are scared off (+sticker shock) and many locals/semi-locals are blocked out. Maybe this Summer will be a surprise on crowds.

No skin in the game, but watching with interest. If a DLR Hotel promo pops up, that would be telling!

I’ve been wondering the same, I’m thinking people might be waiting for ROR as well. I thought everything would be sold out as soon as the dates were announced.

I think June will end up being one of the slowest months we've seen in years. I think most reservations went to locals, and no one without a reservation will plan a trip during that time (with the exception of a few people who had no idea SWGE was even opening this summer).

I believe it's due to the fact that unless you got through during the brief public reservation period, you need a DL resort hotel stay to get into GE. The Good Neighbors probably suffered from the promotion and folks now waiting until the reservation period ends to go to DL.

I have not stayed at the Fairfield, but from what we saw in person, the added walking distance is minimal - 2/10 of a mile according to google maps! lol! The Fairfield is much larger, but seems a touch nicer or more upscale than the Tropicana. The Tropicana was updated and very clean, but it was no frills. The Fairfield at least gives you the Marriott amenities, and there is a Panera and McDonald's right in front which is very convenient. If the price difference was significant, I would switch, but I don't think I would for $50.
Ok, will keep our reservation. I figured for $50 it probably wasn't worth the change.

ITs so interesting to me that all these hotels are running summer promotions! We got an amazing rate for the week of 4th of july! (102 per night at grand legacy). I think time will tell how busy summer really will be. We are planning for big crowds for our trip.

There actually is a tiny section of Tropicana rooms with interior doors in the flyover above the driveway. We loved our room there - we faced in but rooms facing out also have firework views

There actually is a tiny section of Tropicana rooms with interior doors in the flyover above the driveway. We loved our room there - we faced in but rooms facing out also have firework views
I noticed those last week when we were there and assumed they were suites. What room type did you have? Was noise from the street/entryway an issue? Facing inward may be better than out for that though. We were on the ground floor maybe 10 rooms down from the Cove Market. Parking lot noise wasn't an issue, but we did have a few loud people walking by after the parks closed. But that happens anywhere.

ITs so interesting to me that all these hotels are running summer promotions! We got an amazing rate for the week of 4th of july! (102 per night at grand legacy). I think time will tell how busy summer really will be. We are planning for big crowds for our trip.
We were there last week when it was very busy (end of promo tickets, last rush before SWGE, Grad Nites, and the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend), however we got a really good AAA rate at the Tropicana. For whatever reason, it seems the crowds don't impact the surrounding hotels all that much. Maybe its because DL has a lot more local visitors?

Check out this video from Provost with Get Away Today folks on the topic. They report summer hotel bookings way down. And running a ticket special.

I noticed those last week when we were there and assumed they were suites. What room type did you have? Was noise from the street/entryway an issue? Facing inward may be better than out for that though. We were on the ground floor maybe 10 rooms down from the Cove Market. Parking lot noise wasn't an issue, but we did have a few loud people walking by after the parks closed. But that happens anywhere.

We were there last week when it was very busy (end of promo tickets, last rush before SWGE, Grad Nites, and the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend), however we got a really good AAA rate at the Tropicana. For whatever reason, it seems the crowds don't impact the surrounding hotels all that much. Maybe its because DL has a lot more local visitors?

We were in a King Room and heard absolutely no noise whatsoever... we were also in the parks most days open to close though and it was August so those were LONG hours. The day we checked in we were in the room in the afternoon and nobody and the next day we did Universal and were back earlier than our Disney days and also didn't have any issues. Next time we can't get into VGC we'll return to the Tropicana for sure!

With all the news of rate drops I decided to check my hotel, The Anaheim Hotel. Saved $50 for my August stay. Not earth shattering but something!
The Anaheim is across the street from Legacy. It has the Pizza Press in it.
I’m going to keep checking now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter