Those of you that have been to Disney at Christmas

The first time we went for Christmas we opted for a big breakfast (as we usually do at home) and had breakfast at Cindys in the Castle. Knowing we wouldnt be too hungry for the rest of the day, we just did counter service. We had done Le Cellier with the CP Package on Christmas Eve.

Last year we ended up offsite for most of the day Christams Eve (football game in Jacksonville) so that night we just went to Beaches & Cream. I didnt want to book any meals not knowing what time we would make it back. Christmas breakfast was at Boatwrights and for dinner we did the CP Package at Alfredos.

We have been happy with these choices.

I have never been at Christmas, but I think if we were I would try for Liberty Tree Tavern or CP at Le Cellier or Alfredos

We just went to Victoria & Albert's on Christmas Eve and Yachtsman Steakhouse on Christmas Day 2006. Both were excellent! :thumbsup2

Happy Planning! :goodvibes

-Michelle

We did Christmas Eve at LTT. Christmas day we did LeChef's for lunch and Alfredo's with the CP package for dinner. I was really happy with all the choices.

This year we had late breakfast (10:30am) at 1900 PF and it was great(GF decoration with the gingerbread house was nice holiday touch)..best food for buffets in my opinion and we chose not to go to a park that day...we went to DTD and disneyquest for DS(16) and then went to Calif Grill for 9pm adr. We were seated at a table with a great view of Wishes and were also told we could go on observation deck if we wanted and to take our time. It was wonderful and the food and service was fantastic..great holiday. Chrsitmas 2005 we ate at Artist Point in WL and that was also wonderful and sitting in the rocking chairs by the fireplace before dinner was amazing the decorations at the resort are the best.
Connears

Christmas Eve: Cape May Cafe
Christmas Day: Le Cellier :thumbsup2

I haven't been during Christmas, but we did eat Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May (it was delicious).

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare on Christmas Day. My only problem with it was that the lines were SO long to get food--over 15 minutes on each side, so I ended up having the main part of my meal well before I ever had the salad and bread part of it. Part of the problem was that there were a lot of people trying to get in for their ADR early because it was raining pretty hard out (we were one of those people :) ) and they seated too many too quickly.

The other problem we encountered is that they didn't have any prime rib well done for DH. Our server went off to the kitchen to get him some, but it took about 15 minutes until she came back with one piece.

Two years ago we ate at Crystal Palace and I remember that being a very nice meal--although I'm sure anything hot would have tasted great as we were frozen to the core from a day of temps in the low 40s, lots of wind, and RAIN again.

The lesson to be learned--buffets are fine on Christmas, but don't plan on there being nice weather on Christmas Day 2008--we seem to be a curse!

My family had Christmas Eve dinner with friends at 'Ohanna's. It was wonderful. We weren't rushed, the food was great, the company wonderful. The only thing I would do over, was to go with my friends to MGM that night and ditch my family. I had been with my family for 8 days and could have used the break...:love:

My family had Christmas dinner at 1900 Park Faire. The food was wonderful. We waited almost an hour past our ADR time. The place was packed. And there were mostly large groups. People were waiting to see all of the characters before they left. (me too!), so the going was slow. :upsidedow

But I felt having Christmas dinner with Cinderella and her Prince and Suzy and Perla was worth it. Those pictures are pricless to me. And Fairy Godmother was outside in the lobby. She remarked to my DD "Times like this I wish I could abbreviate my name to F G Ma Ma!" We cracked up!!:lmao: :lmao:

We did Brown Derby on the Fantasmic package. My kids were 12 and 15 and okay with a nice sit down. We all ordered the delicious steaks and also loved our desserts. We loved and would do it again.

This year Christmas Eve was at Le Cellier after we had lstened to the CP. Food good and only waited about 5 minutes for our table.

Christmas was at Les Chefs de France. The wait was 1 hours with ADR's. The service was poor and food was not great! We won't do this again and it made Christmas not as special because we were tired, cranky and had nothing good to say about our Christmas meal.

Citricos at the GF 2 years in a row. Did the candlelight processional package for Christmas day and ate at Rose and Crown. Both were great!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter