Those Florida residents tickets look good...

I remember reading in the POS that DVC ownership does not make you a FL resident, unfortunately.

Correct, as owners we are NOT Florida residents, but the perk would be nice. DW and I have APs, but all the kids and grand kids don't.

If DVC wants to throw Members a crumb after releasing the 2020 point charts, maybe they can offer those.
DVC on their own can't offer these tickets. They would need to work with the ticking group to offer members any special tickets or ticket discounts.

The gold pass was a Florida resident pass until it was opened up to DVC members, right? Shouldn’t be difficult to extend additional perks. They obviously demonstrated the ability and willingness with that gold pass.

The gold pass was a Florida resident pass until it was opened up to DVC members, right? Shouldn’t be difficult to extend additional perks. They obviously demonstrated the ability and willingness with that gold pass.
The Gold Pass was available to both FL Residents & DVC Members from the day it was first introduced.

When Disney first offered DVC Member pricing (equal to FL Resident rates) on APs, it was for the former Annual Pass (now the Platinum Pass) and the former Premium Annual Pass (now the Platinum Plus Pass).

The Silver Pass (former Seasonal Annual Pass) which has more blockout dates then the Gold Pass is one of several annual pass products that are still FL Resident only.

Last edited:
We're actually considering not renewing our annual passes because the parks are so insanely crowded all the time now, so I've been hollering at MS to work on getting members the Epcot After 4 pass. For those of us without kids, who don't want to go in to the parks, it's the perfect pass!

(I'm not going to hold my breath though)

I get the gold pass, though I do currently have the Platinium because of last years special pricing. As I visit 2 to 3 times per year, that works best for me.

But, since I have no close kin (2nd cousins are the closest) I often travel with friends that stay in my unit with me, but most go once per year...so I'd like to see multi day tickets available for our guests where perhaps you can get park hoppers for the base ticket pricing. But I do see a problem making ticket pricing specials that apply to friends and guests and not just immediate family living in the same household. I fear many member that rent their points would make the them available to renters to better help their ability to rent out their points, and then we'd lose any such benefit. But some discount for guests staying with us, in our rooms, on our points, would be nice, especially for those of us owners who are the youngest and have outlived most of their family. I just don't see how it could be enforced well...

I get the gold pass, though I do currently have the Platinium because of last years special pricing. As I visit 2 to 3 times per year, that works best for me.

But, since I have no close kin (2nd cousins are the closest) I often travel with friends that stay in my unit with me, but most go once per year...so I'd like to see multi day tickets available for our guests where perhaps you can get park hoppers for the base ticket pricing. But I do see a problem making ticket pricing specials that apply to friends and guests and not just immediate family living in the same household. I fear many member that rent their points would make the them available to renters to better help their ability to rent out their points, and then we'd lose any such benefit. But some discount for guests staying with us, in our rooms, on our points, would be nice, especially for those of us owners who are the youngest and have outlived most of their family. I just don't see how it could be enforced well...

It could just be limited to a certain number per membership that could be purchased.

When our current tickets expire in October, I have a pair of annual water park passes that we bought a few years ago. Of course, living on a island and I have my own pool, I have no need for water park tickets. I'm going to try to use them as a down payment for either Silver, Weekday Select or Theme Park Select tickets. It's nice being a Florida resident now.

JMHO but offering silver passes to DVC members may be a great form of crowd control to help steer a percentage of members to traditionally less busy times of the year.

the parks will be plenty busy going into 2020 with SW coming. So many people I’ve spoken to have delayed their annual visits for 2019. the discounted room rates, along with FDP pkg, offered earlier this year a likely indication CRO bookings are way behind their metric

I would buy those tickets if offered to us. No blackouts too. The deal coming for everyone has blackout dates. Our trip is the 14-23. Our annual passes expire mid trip. I would buy the 4 day with hopper and just wait till next trip in 2020 to buy annuals again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts