Those darn free samples!!!

dhuba

Mouseketeer
Did you ever wish you didn't try that free sample because you like it so much? I used my Fekkai shea butter shampoo and conditioner sample yesterday and I LOVED it. I am usually pretty frugal when it comes to beauty products, but now I want this shampoo and conditioner, but the only problem is the cost is outrageous. 21 dollars for an 8 ounce bottle for each:scared1: is the cheapest I've found it. I even pulled the packet out of the trash to squeeze some out for today. My fine straight hair feels and looks fabulous. I can't stop touching my hair. Its not that I can't afford it, but it just seems wrong to pay so much for such a little bottle. I've seen other Fekkai products at Marshalls for a little less, but not the shea formula, but I don't want to buy it and it not do the same for my hair. Those darn free samples!!!!

It's not the free samples that I dislike, it's when someone posts that a shampoo made their fine, straight hair (hair not unlike my own) look and feel fabulous.

Now I NEED to try this shampoo.

Fekkai is amazing stuff, unfortunately this SAHM gave it up to help with the budget .
Ahhh remembering the good old days, pre kids , full time job and all the awesome beauty products I could want , without a care in the world about how much it costs.

Oh well, I like my kids alot, so I guess it isn't a big deal to have fluffy , soft , awesome hair anymore ... is it ? ; ) :thumbsup2 haha

Now I have to check it out, too! My fine, straight hair is limp on a good day. It would be fabulous to have something that gives it some life.

Well I just seen Costco.com has some Fekkai products, not the shea, with great reviews and the price at the store is cheaper that at costco.com supposedly. I may try one of the other varieties since it's more reasonable.

If it makes you feel any better, when I love a sample, I often end up not loving the full-sized product. I don't know why. It's like they beef up the quality of the sample to get you hooked! In the last year or so I've tried a couple of mascaras, a hair styling product, and I don't remember what else, that left me very disappointed!

Ugh I hear you I. Tried origins plantscription anti aging stuff and I loved it! My skin loved it. My pocketbook doesn't love it though.

They sell it at Bath & Body Works....Buy something small and then sometimes (most times) there will be a survey at the bottom to call in and get $10 off a $30 purchase!!! This helps a little, and all your BBW coupons can be used on these products!

OMG - I had this exact conversation with a co-worker today. I got the same free sample that you did. I do not typically spend that kind of money on my hair products but I may need to make an exception. princess:

I really liked that sample too and normally I don't notice a big difference when I try different shampoo samples.

Another fine, straight limp hair person here.
Will someone who splurges on this shampoo let me know if it continues to work fter the first week or two. I find that if I use a shampoo for too long my hair stops getting the boost like the first time, it seems to get a buildup and not feel so great.
I will be watching for the replies.
ADD: when I did a search for this shampoo it said on their website that the shampoo is for dry damaged hair nto for thin, lifeless hair. I think the shea butter would make the hiar even heavier and limp. anyone?

They sell it at Sephora...and they'll occasionally have codes for a % off of your purchase for their Friends & Family specials or whatever it may be. And shopathome.com offers 8% cashback at Sephora.

Another fine, straight limp hair person here.
Will someone who splurges on this shampoo let me know if it continues to work fter the first week or two. I find that if I use a shampoo for too long my hair stops getting the boost like the first time, it seems to get a buildup and not feel so great. I will be watching for the replies.
ADD: when I did a search for this shampoo it said on their website that the shampoo is for dry damaged hair nto for thin, lifeless hair. I think the shea butter would make the hiar even heavier and limp. anyone?

What we need is someone else to post a un-budget friendly clarifying shampoo that we can use once a week to remove all the build-up. :lmao:

I also thought the shea would weigh my hair down. :confused3 I am still thinking about buying it, because I am a sucker like that sometimes.

:lovestruc Fekkai :lovestruc

i work part time at dillards and get a 25% discount... 3 times per year we get an extra discount... i stock stuff then.

their olive oil shine spray is phenomenal... non greasy and smells great!!

So I was feeling envious all day thinking, how did I miss that sample--then guess what showed up in my mailbox! I can't wait to try it out!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter