This time next week....

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
We will be over half way to LA :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So Excited.

Now, things to do before we go.

1. Pack - having great difficulty pinning down 5 minutes to get this done (or even started)
2. Book pick up at JFK (have gone to do this several times)
3. Some last minute shopping.... Zip Lock bags, medication, boring stuff.
4. Prepurchase some NY things (cruise, TOTR, ESB, HOHO bus)
5. Place garden grocer order for WDW
6. Place grocery order for delivery to NY hotel

I think that's it. But I am fast running out of time and am starting to panic as I have a full on week!

How are the other Sept/Oct travellers going? All Organised?

Oh my gosh you guys. This time next week I will be sitting at my desk at work the same as I am today :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lovintheland, how cool that your kids are going about their business not knowing that in a week they will be on their way to Disneyland - I am sooooo excited for them :cheer2::cheer2:

xxx

That's exciting! And here's me thinking how wonderful it is that we go in exactly 4 months today LOL. Although the way work is going, I'd happily go tomorow :-)

Have fun everyone - I will be sitting at working wishing (and trying to figure out how I can fit next years school holidays into free dinning).

Aussietravlerres did you get tickets to the Martha show?

I wish I could go to bed tonight and sleep the next 7 away :rotfl2:

Aussiegirls, I almost feel guilty that they are going about their business with no idea!!! although today we had a major scare. DS fell off his skateboard and we thought he had broken his wrist. Today has been rather stressful to say the least. All day I have been searching whether or not you can do rides in a cast as Dreamworld here won't let you, and where to get waterproof covers so that he could still do HoJo pool and splash mountain etc, I became full on all obsessed about the holiday impact and not my poor son :lmao: I have to say though, he is the most accident prone person I know! In the past 3 years he has had more broken arms/fingers/dislocated things than you can imagine. Just last week he came home from basketball training with a suspected broken finger. Relief came over, it was just sprained and really a broken finger really wouldn't get in the way of Disney. The week before that I get a call to my classroom to say DS has cut his finger at wood work and would need stitches. "Great!", but then I did the sums and thought he can still get in wet in 3 weeks.

If you haven't noticed, I'm all about the Disney!!! not really my DH &kids of course come first, but DS just got the all clear from the X-ray. Just a sprain! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I just think we are all the most blessed bunch! One visit to Disney is truely a lifetime of memories and magic :wizard:

p.s My mickey ticker is already at the castle. Looks like I should be there already :lmao::lmao::lmao:

This is our third visit in four years and seriously I'm way more excited and impatient this time. Think because we can't wait to reveal all to the unsuspecting kids! Dh finally today tracked down a box big enough for the balloon. $17 but oh well, will be worth it

This time in a week we will be waking up in our room at the Grand Californian ready for our last day at Disneyland before heading off to NY.

Only 3 more sleeps until we head off. At least withe veryone being sick at home it has taken our minds off the time left to out trip and now we only have a few days left to endure.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

This time next week....I will be keeping my kids up all night trying to get their body clocks slightly into USA time before leaving in two more sleeps. I have it all figured out of the bus from school for the two older ones friday afternoon. Stay up till around 2am!!! I know you all think I am nuts......yes I am but oh well. Then they can sleep in the next morning and do the same Saturday night our flight doesn't leave until 8.30pm on Sunday so by that time at least our bodies will have done some changing. Keep them up for about half the flight movies drink of coke maybe?? Then a nice dose of some lets say travel medicine yeah travel medicine and of nighty nighty for the rest of the flight. This is of course the plan reality might be a very different story.

This time in a week we will be waking up in our room at the Grand Californian ready for our last day at Disneyland before heading off to NY.

Only 3 more sleeps until we head off. At least withe veryone being sick at home it has taken our minds off the time left to out trip and now we only have a few days left to endure.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

DizOz we stayed at the grand californian last year and loved it:lovestruc. You will feel so special staying there:love:. We got a standard room and they up-graded us to a downtown disney view room. It was wonderful, I had read on some of the reviews that these rooms were noisey but we didn't find it that way at all. Of course if you left the balcony door open it was but we loved the atmosphere of looking over all the people walking around downtown, also they play nice music. You can sit on the veranda and watch the fireworks it really is magic. This time on our way back from WDW we are going to do three nights in a refurb room at the disneyland hotel. I hope it is nice we just couldn't afford the GC this time but you will lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it.:thumbsup2

This time next week we will have woken up for the first morning in the comfy HoJo beds (hopefully after a long and restful sleep). Will be heading to Inn and Out burger for lunch, and then over to Toys R Us, Target, Shoe City, Disney Warehouse, Walmart. Let the shopping begin my friends!!!:lmao:

Then back for a relax around the HoJo pool before hitting Dowtown Disney for dinner and then hopefully a somewhat early night before our first Disney day.

Aussietravlerres did you get tickets to the Martha show?

No I didn't :sad1:

It's NY fashion week and also the first week of the new season so there were probably heaps of people wanting tickets that week. I was really hoping to get tickets and am a bit disappointed, but there is so much to do in NY it's fine, we will still be busy.

2 more sleeps. :banana:

This time next week our NY holiday will almost be over and we will be off to Disney World :yay:

No I didn't :sad1:

It's NY fashion week and also the first week of the new season so there were probably heaps of people wanting tickets that week. I was really hoping to get tickets and am a bit disappointed, but there is so much to do in NY it's fine, we will still be busy.

Bummer - well don't forget to go to Macy's and check out some of her cooking stuff. I could not find her craft items (probably because I did not visit any craft sotres).

Have fun - enjoy NY and WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter