This really frosts my cookies

I don't see anything wrong with booking a table of 6 for 5 people. I don't think most cm's do either. I have had cm's offer to check for a party of four when all the three's were booked. I never had a problem when I checked in at the restaurant.

Thanks for the tip! We'll be a party of 5 in November... so I'll try six if nothing for 5 is available.

I had the hardest time getting a table for 4 for the 'Ohana character breakfast last month. I was trying for Christmas Eve morning, and called every day for weeks. Nearly every CM would say "booked solid", then one day the CM who was helping me said they had tables for 6 or 8, but not 4. Not wanting to fib and say I had more in my party than I really did, I kept checking for a party of 4, and finally got a ressie about 10 days before our trip. Guess what size table we were sat at? A 6 top! :rolleyes: Yup, after all that calling and not booking a table for 6 even though we only had 4, and boy was I tempted to, we ended up at a table for 6 anyway. And ironically enough, we had a dinner ressie at 'Ohana earlier that week, for 4, and were also sat at a table for 6, that time, too. Ridiculous!!

Annabellesb said:
Crystal Palace was the only place where it was a table for 5 and Teppan Edo, well we sat with another family...which is another topic I could complain about......
The seating arrangements? Or the other family? :teeth: Because the CM should have told you that you would likely be seated with other Guests - each table holds eight people, and it's the dining 'style' - but I have a feeling that's NOT what you're talking about...?

MickeyNicki said:
Hey no flames here, I do it sometimes too, to get a table for a party of 2 is hard so sometimes I say we are 3....the CMs encouraged me to do it so if they are ok with it so be it!
I kept calling for Le Cellier last year, for one person. There was never anything, but one week I was told by something like four different CMs that there was a reservation for three available for the night I wanted. I finally caught on and asked the fourth CM if I could have it, and she said "No", that she couldn't book one person at a table for three.

In true DIS fashion, I called back and asked for a reservation for three for the night I wanted. No problem :) I even called back and changed it to four - no three-tops at Le Cellier (although there ARE, at 'Ohana).

Not ethical? Well, funny thing. An impromptu meet was suggested, and four DISers who 'know' each other online but who mostly had never met, did. We started with slushies and ended with Le Cellier.

1) Aw, c'mon.
2) Disney is in the money making business.
3) Why sell 6-table for only 5-people?
4) There ARE requests for 6-people.
5) Let WDW make the money they should.

NOTE: We have interest in two eateries (one which is fine food). We will not take a 6-top and give it away to 5-people until the last minute. In the case of walk-ups, we will let a party of five wait while a later party of six will get seated. If we gave away a seat at a table all night long, we give away $250-$500, or more that $150,000 per year, gross. We are not in the business of giving away profit, especially in these times. BY the way, our business has not suffered.

RustyScupper - two situations, one actual, one theoretical.

I generally visit Walt Disney World alone. Disney does not have ANY tables for one person. It is unreasonable, at the very least, that any business would so blatantly and at the same time subtly discriminate against any potential customer... and that customer's money, and don't forget, "Treat a customer well and he tells two people; treat him poorly and he tells EVERYONE". Apparently you do not agree? How do you treat solo diners?

And this one's kind of funny. All the complaints we small parties have about only getting reservations at the times nobody else wants, but add a few people and every table is available all night?

A few years ago, I was at Disney the same time as my brother and his family - five of them, one of me. We didn't realize the timing until we were bot there.

They had a reservation for Chef Mickey's for a perfect dining time for the small kids - 5:45 PM. He called to add me to the reservation, and the ONLY time available was the dreaded 9:15 - so we agreed I would not meet them.

He called me the next day. They'd been seated at a table for six. Go figure.

1) Aw, c'mon.
2) Disney is in the money making business.
3) Why sell 6-table for only 5-people?
4) There ARE requests for 6-people.
5) Let WDW make the money they should.

NOTE: We have interest in two eateries (one which is fine food). We will not take a 6-top and give it away to 5-people until the last minute. In the case of walk-ups, we will let a party of five wait while a later party of six will get seated. If we gave away a seat at a table all night long, we give away $250-$500, or more that $150,000 per year, gross. We are not in the business of giving away profit, especially in these times. BY the way, our business has not suffered.

Well, all that may be true, I really don't buy all of it. Clearly, based on the circumstances set forth here by other posters, they are always seating people at tables of the larger size. And if my experience is any example, there were no parties of 6 banging down the doors looking for reservations since I could have my choice of days and times within each day. However, there were no tables for 5--so it would appear that a 5 top is a more popular table size. Maybe they need to reasses what it is really what the customers want and make an effort to support that. Either way, Disney makes money.

... A few years ago, I was at Disney the same time as my brother and his family - five of them, one of me. We didn't realize the timing until we were bot there.

They had a reservation for Chef Mickey's for a perfect dining time for the small kids - 5:45 PM. He called to add me to the reservation, and the ONLY time available was the dreaded 9:15 - so we agreed I would not meet them.

He called me the next day. They'd been seated at a table for six. Go figure.

Based on annecdotal information, you should have just shown up with your brother's family--they would have seated you.

I have another thought to add- 6 people are not guaranteed to necessarily spend more money than a party of 5. Suppose that theoretical party of six includes 3 children eating meals @ $7.95. It is very possible that the group of five includes all adults ordering much more expensive meals. So, there's no reason to deny a party of 5 to sit at a table for 6 in my opinion.

Based on annecdotal information, you should have just shown up with your brother's family--they would have seated you.
Thanks - we know that NOW :teeth:, but this happened in my pre-DIS days (and he thinks I'm a little too obsessed with Disney as it is :) - of course, he also thinks he's the eldest sibling... )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter