This is so sad and I can't stop thinking about it!

sissybells

<font color=green>"Second star to the right and st
Falling Concrete Panel Kills Pregnant Woman In Downtown Lexington
FEATURED VIDEOS

Pregnant Woman Killed By Falling Concrete Panel

(AP) -- A pregnant woman was killed Tuesday morning when a concrete panel fell onto her from the second floor of a downtown parking garage.

Stephanie Hufnagel, 22, who was eight months pregnant, died around 8 a.m., according to the Fayette County coroner's office.

The panel, which was part of a garage adjacent to the Chase Bank building where Hufnagel worked, fell after being struck by a pickup truck.

The panel was about six inches thick and weighed between 5,000 and 6,000 pounds. Michael Martin, project foreman for Schnell Contractors of Louisville, which has worked on the garage, said it was prefabricated concrete, bolted to the side of the structure.

"Obviously there has been a horrible accident," said Josh Workman, chief operating officer of TIC Properties of Greenville, S.C., which owns the garage and the bank building. "Our sympathies go out to the families and all the parties involved. We are currently assisting the authorities any way we can."

Sgt. David Lyons of the Lexington Police Department said officers were still investigating why the truck hit the wall.

Hufnagel's husband, Brian, also worked at Chase Bank. The two have a young daughter.

The bank and the garage were temporarily closed, and three fire trucks remained on the scene Tuesday afternoon.
:guilty:

OMG! anything about the unborn child? Did the unborn die as well? OMG! is all I can say, my thought's and prayers go out to the family and friend's of the poor woman.

corssglowwhite.gif

That is horrible and so sad. I couldn't imagine. My heart and prayers go out to that family.

This is really sad! My heart goes out to her family. :angel:

That is just horrible...I cannot imagine the pain her Dh and loved ones are going through.

Hopefully she died very quickly and never knew what happened. (I know that doesn't help the outcome, just hoping she and the baby didn't suffer for even a short time)

2sweetangels said:
anything about the unborn child? Did the unborn die as well?

"The panel was about six inches thick and weighed between 5,000 and 6,000 pounds." I don't even want to think about the aftermath.

My husband works with the victims Mother. He said work was very quiet yesterday. He also heard they were able to get the feet prints of the baby, but that was it. Thoughts and Prayers to this family. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter