This aft at F&W and L'Originale Alfred

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Our weekend did not go as planned, so we were not able to spend as much time in Epcot as we wished. But we got a nice stroll through WS and dinner.

It was HOT and sunny this afternoon.
There are several food kiosks throughout WS offering nice varieties. It was hard to choose. Most items cost $2.50 - $3 and are just a sampler. But what we had was good quality.

First we each had a crab cake by the American Adventure. It comes with a little slaw. Very good. I also ordered a small glass (one size offered) of Honey Lemonade. (non alcoholic) I think that was $1.50.

Then we wandered to Italy and entered L'Originale Alfred without PS'. It was just after 4:00 and the place was near empty.

We started by splitting Misto di Insalate dell 'Orto - a salad of wild greens with grape tomatoes and vinaigrette dressing - $4.75.
There was plenty for both of us, and it was very good.
And of course we were supplied with very yummy fresh bread. mmmmm

We both ordered Le Originali Fettuccine all'Alfredo - Our world famous creation invented in our parent restaurant in Rome in the early 1900s. Homemade egg noodles tossed in a special butter and parmigiano cheese $17.95.
It was very good, Neither of us were disappointed.
I only ate half of mine and asked for a box to take home the remainder. A gal, not our server, boxed it up for me and even threw in some more bread with it. :)
:sunny:

We only had ice teas to drink.

We were not in a hurry, and I am glad. Our server disappeared for quite awhile. Assuming he went on break. And once we ordered he was not around much.
So the service was ehh. Could have been worse. Could have easily been better.
At the end he did have one table that was taking a lot of his time.
I wonder if he was new too. He did not know what the Disney Dining discount card was. At first I thought he was joking. But he obviously was not even aware of it.

Overall it was good food and was great to cool off and relax.

We wandered the remainder of WS. (counter clockwise)
DH also bought a Watermelon Juice drink in Mexico. He said it was $2 and was really good.

The food booths really look good. And many will be happy to know they can buy CHEESE SOUP in one of the outside kiosks in Canada. I almost bought some to go. ;)

We also boiught some Vermont maple products by American Adventure. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter