• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of a quick trip over Xmas

stocker1042

Internet message boards have changed the world.
The wife and I have airfare that we need to use asap before they expire. They are not blocked out over Xmas, so instead of doing Disney, we figured we do all the other non-Disney things around Orlando-Universal, Sea World, downtown Orlando, etc.

I really don't want to shell out big money for a room, so I suppose my question is this-Where can I stay in the area for $100 or less a night and get a decent room in a decent part of town? I'm not looking for super upscale accomodations. The typical king or two queen beds are fine with us, no kitchen needed, no spas, and heck....even a pool isn't that big of a deal to us. We are there for the parks and dining.

Ideas? Am I dreaming to think I will get a room that weekend for that kind of money? We will be flying in early Dec 24th, leaving evening of the 26th.

Thanks!

Check out the Doubletree, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Maingate to Universal and see how their rates are for those days.

I'm going to move this thread over to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board so you can get more responses.

I recommend finding a hotel close to the attraction(s) you want to visit. You definitely want to avoid I-4 and any (outlet) malls at that time....trust me. North International Drive for Universal and somewhere closer to the convention center for Seaworld since I imagine there are no conventions around that time and you should be able to find some decent rates. Enjoy the holidays! :santa:

PS - if you get to DTD, go to earl of sandwich and have a holiday sandwich for me!!! YUM!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter