Thinking about first cruise: Tell me about room host/hostess

One other thing, not mentioned, that they will leave your information about upcoming excursions your are doing and your tickets to Palo/Remy.

Thinking about things after reading your post, I remember seeing envelopes and things like that stuck up on the "fish" (which on our floor was actually a starfish). So probably that stateroom had their DND sign up all day, and that's the way the steward left their spa, etc, info for them.

I wouldn't worry about a decently mature 13 year old in a stateroom.

Something bad enough that I don't ever want the same to happen to my daughter.

You are so right and prayerfully not on a Disney cruise! But some are, and I don't want my daughter to encounter them on the ship or anywhere else!

Thanks so much again, everyone! You have really helped me a lot. We LOVE amazing service and it sounds like we will get it on our cruise. I just love knowing how it works with the host/hostess. Thanks so much again!!:cool1:

Okay, how you raise your child is your choice, not mine or anyone else's and I will respectfully withdraw my question. I actually wrote a couple paragraphs before coming to this realization and decided to delete them from my post because it is none of my business.

Something bad enough that I don't ever want the same to happen to my daughter.

You are so right and prayerfully not on a Disney cruise! But some are, and I don't want my daughter to encounter them on the ship or anywhere else!

Thanks so much again, everyone! You have really helped me a lot. We LOVE amazing service and it sounds like we will get it on our cruise. I just love knowing how it works with the host/hostess. Thanks so much again!!:cool1:

Carrie, I am sure, with careful planning and instructions for your DD, that you will have a wonderful cruise. Disney cruises are wonderful, but it is always a good idea to take no chances.

If the DnD sign is up, I doubt they will attempt to enter or knock, unless there is an emergency. As with anything, this would need to be instructed to your daughter. If she locks the door from the inside, no one can get in, much like a hotel.

But we all need to realize is that this is Disney's ship, and if they need into a room, for whatever reason, they have every right to be in it. Maybe your questions will be better addressed with guest services once on the ship regarding their processes for needing inside rooms (apart from the cleanings/turn downs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter