Think there will be good car deals in the future?

I think the financial experts could use some tips from you then, because lowest cost per mile is not a reason for a lease.
And of course it depends on the fine print in the lease. The end of lease costs can be crazy. Friends with leases on BMWs, Audi's and Mercedes with performance tires getting hit for the cost of new tires if they have less than 50% of the tread left. Same with brakes.
One guy I work with got hit with the cost of replacing a piece of glass that got broken and replaced with a non-OEM piece of glass.
Former co-worker got hit with a $5,000 charge to re-do body work from a fender bender since it was not done by a BMW dealer body shop. Fortunately, in her case, her dad was a big wig lawyer who wrote a nasty demand letter and was able to document that the body shop used by her daughter is the one the BMW DEALERS sublet their more difficult body repairs to.

Ya, not rich bro I lease a Honda CRV and Buick Encore lol. I've never had to pay end of lease costs, most things are considered normal wear and tear. Also, a lot of dealers do a pull ahead so they eat the last 6 payments. January 19 I walked into Buick with a 2016 Verano, walked out with a fully loaded encore for 5 less a month an zero out of pocket. My insurance also dropped with the newer safety features.

An obviously they would get hit with a charge if it wasn't done by BMW directly, common sense stuff.

Ya, not rich bro I lease a Honda CRV and Buick Encore lol. I've never had to pay end of lease costs, most things are considered normal wear and tear. Also, a lot of dealers do a pull ahead so they eat the last 6 payments. January 19 I walked into Buick with a 2016 Verano, walked out with a fully loaded encore for 5 less a month an zero out of pocket. My insurance also dropped with the newer safety features.

An obviously they would get hit with a charge if it wasn't done by BMW directly, common sense stuff.
Yeah, I do know several people who lease Hondas. 3 years leases, but after a year the dealer calls and says bring it in, we'll give you a new one for the same payment, no early termination fee, a new 3 year lease. They want those one year old cars are used cars on the lot
Not common sense stuff on the BMW repairs. BMW dropped the fees when that letter came pointing out the shop used was BETTER than their dealer body shops

Golden years of car ownership for me are year 3.......when it is paid off.....to year 10-12. Other than tires, a decent car will require no repairs in that time.
I totaled up all repairs I made in 31 years I had my 1987 Suburban. Just a hair under $10,000. Averages about $325 a year.

Zero percent financing and no payment for 90 days it the current offers and are probably going to be the best deal you will see. Auto makers are shut down which means cars are not being made, therefore they will have a lot to catch up with in terms of production and selling of cars. Lots of folks are going to be in a financial trouble which will lead to a decline in the sales of new cars. Auto makers are going to struggle. So the best they can do would be an offer of zero percent financing and delaying the payment start date.

I tried this in 2018 with the Ford dealers when I bought my Flex. NEVER AGAIN. Found the car I wanted, get a price, get to the dealership, mysteriously that car is nowhere to be found, "Must have been sold, the salesman says" 15 minutes after I got the price quote. Just the ones with the $45-$50,000 sticker price are on the lot. Walked onto a different dealership lot, found the $30,000 sticker price car. Negotiated a price, navigated through and declined the extended warranty, pre-paid maintenance, fabric treatment sales pitches. Really? Only $100 a month extra for pre-paid maintenance when the car is under warranty for the next 3 years, and will require 6 $39 oil changes in that time frame? Drove off barely alive in my new car.

I have never had this issue with purchasing my Honda’s. I am purchasing the top model though, and just give them the colors I will be happy with. All of the elite models have the same amenities, so I really don’t care which one I end up buying!

Our local Ford place has some great deals right now (0% interest, $0 down, extended payments, etc...), and our Hyundai place is doing some deals. I'm eyeing a Honda Odyssey and can't find any good deals on it though- I know it's in high demand but I was hoping for some good deals.
I’ve never seen good deal on them, I’m on my third, no deals on used either. I bought my first one in 2003, I just found the receipt, $31,000 for a base model.

I have never had this issue with purchasing my Honda’s. I am purchasing the top model though, and just give them the colors I will be happy with. All of the elite models have the same amenities, so I really don’t care which one I end up buying!
I'm talking about cost, not colors and features.

I wonder if Tesla will have any deal? Or is the demand still exceeding the supply on those cars? They must be doing something right as they are the most valuable car company right now.

Our local Ford place has some great deals right now (0% interest, $0 down, extended payments, etc...), and our Hyundai place is doing some deals. I'm eyeing a Honda Odyssey and can't find any good deals on it though- I know it's in high demand but I was hoping for some good deals.
I can never find a deal on an odyssey. They sell so quickly here. Mine is 17 years old now, I’d like to pass her to the hubs and upgrade.

I can never find a deal on an odyssey. They sell so quickly here. Mine is 17 years old now, I’d like to pass her to the hubs and upgrade.
Two co-workers in the past year have gotten great deals and incentives on Odysseys. Mini-van sales just aren't what they were 10 years ago, everyone wants the SUVs.

Two co-workers in the past year have gotten great deals and incentives on Odysseys. Mini-van sales just aren't what they were 10 years ago, everyone wants the SUVs.

Agreed. You see less and less minivans now. Everything here is SUV and Teslas.

I'm talking about cost, not colors and features.

I am too. The Honda elite‘s all cost the same amount and have the same features. I just negotiate for the trim level since the price and features are all the same. I get the price worked out online and then go and test drive the actual vehicle. I have never had any problems negotiating this way and it is a great money saver.

I’m saving up to buy my first car for school so I hope I can get a good deal in August or September. My goal is to have $3k toward the down payment. I don’t care if it’s 2019 or 2020 as long as it’s new. I want a crossover but I’m hoping I can find a deal on a midsize suv that’s not to big for the same price I would’ve paid for the crossover.

I’m saving up to buy my first car for school so I hope I can get a good deal in August or September. My goal is to have $3k toward the down payment. I don’t care if it’s 2019 or 2020 as long as it’s new. I want a crossover but I’m hoping I can find a deal on a midsize suv that’s not to big for the same price I would’ve paid for the crossover.
Generally speaking...............a car will cost less than an SUV and the car will get better gas mileage and require less expensive tires when the time comes to replace them.

Generally speaking...............a car will cost less than an SUV and the car will get better gas mileage and require less expensive tires when the time comes to replace them.
That’s the reason my parents’ downgraded to a car but I’m claustrophobic and get very sick in their car. They’ve known I've wanted a SUV even before they downgraded. I’m willing to spend more if it means I’ll feel better because the commute will take awhile daily.

That’s the reason my parents’ downgraded to a car but I’m claustrophobic and get very sick in their car. They’ve known I've wanted a SUV even before they downgraded. I’m willing to spend more if it means I’ll feel better because the commute will take awhile daily.
FYI............our daughter tends to get woozy as a passenger in a vehicle for long trips but she is fine when driving.

Maybe you could rent a passenger car for the weekend and drive it on the highway a bit as well as in some stop and go traffic "downtown" on a Saturday night.

Just a thought to validate if driving a car feels the same as being a passenger in one.

We are also hoping to buy a new Odyssey or Pilot within the next 6 months or so. I am hoping to find a deal too.

I tried this in 2018 with the Ford dealers when I bought my Flex. NEVER AGAIN. Found the car I wanted, get a price, get to the dealership, mysteriously that car is nowhere to be found, "Must have been sold, the salesman says" 15 minutes after I got the price quote. Just the ones with the $45-$50,000 sticker price are on the lot. Walked onto a different dealership lot, found the $30,000 sticker price car. Negotiated a price, navigated through and declined the extended warranty, pre-paid maintenance, fabric treatment sales pitches. Really? Only $100 a month extra for pre-paid maintenance when the car is under warranty for the next 3 years, and will require 6 $39 oil changes in that time frame? Drove off barely alive in my new car.
We had a Flex for 8 years, loved that car!

Exactly, but some people are addicted to leasing and are willing to pay more per mile driven to always have a new car.
The right lease can work in your favor, if managed well. I have driven 4 Volvos since 2003.
I bought an S60 in 2003, and an XC90 in 2006. Both were financed at very competitive rates through a Federal Credit Union. Both were maintained per the manufacturer's schedule at the local dealer. I kept detailed records for both, and tracked their total cost of ownership. The 2003 (163K miles)was traded in 2015 for a new XC60, which was leased for 4 years. The 2006 (152K miles) was traded in 2017 for a new XC90, which was leased for 3 years. The costs per month, over all vehicles was pretty much the same.
The only difference is that now we are in leases on a 2018 SUV and a 2020 SUV, so for the same average payment per month, we are driving newer cars more often. And the best benefits of the lease are that all maintenance is included, I've yet to buy new tires, pay for brakes, replace a battery, and the convenience factor is a great plus. YMMV :goodvibes
ET:darth:

The right lease can work in your favor, if managed well. I have driven 4 Volvos since 2003.
I bought an S60 in 2003, and an XC90 in 2006. Both were financed at very competitive rates through a Federal Credit Union. Both were maintained per the manufacturer's schedule at the local dealer. I kept detailed records for both, and tracked their total cost of ownership. The 2003 (163K miles)was traded in 2015 for a new XC60, which was leased for 4 years. The 2006 (152K miles) was traded in 2017 for a new XC90, which was leased for 3 years. The costs per month, over all vehicles was pretty much the same.
The only difference is that now we are in leases on a 2018 SUV and a 2020 SUV, so for the same average payment per month, we are driving newer cars more often. And the best benefits of the lease are that all maintenance is included, I've yet to buy new tires, pay for brakes, replace a battery, and the convenience factor is a great plus. YMMV :goodvibes
ET:darth:
If maintenance is included that certainly improves the situation, but the leases I've seen seldom include that. But the way car sales and leases are going, that may be an incentive that will be added. And given used car prices are plunging, if you don't have gap insurance in your lease, you could be on the hook for thousands at the end of the lease if your lease holds you responsible for the difference in the residual value estimated at the beginning of the lease, compared to the actual value at the end of the lease. Good news is, prices of just off lease used cars will be way down if you are in the market for a car like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter