Thininking about switching our arrival ADR from CM to LTT...opinions?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
We should be at the Poly by 2pm on 11/18. MK is open till either 9 or 10pm that night. The original plan was to head to MK for a little while, then dinner at CM, then go back to MK. We currently have 5:30 ADRs for CM.

Now I'm thinking since we are already at MK, why leave? Maybe I should switch my ADRs to LTT...we've never eaten there before. DH does not want to eat at CP, so that is out of the question.

Opinions?

I am kind of in the same boat so curious to see what anyone thinks. I never really looked at LTT until last night and I saw 'thanksgiving type food' YUM!! Thinking about changing WCC to LTT We will have four adults and two 12 months olds.

Not trying to take over your post just curious about what people think of LTT. :)

Tried LTT for the first time in '04 and everyone in our party really enjoyed it. We are trying Chef Mickey's for the first time in September so I can't compare the two.

Without a doubt go with LTT!!! We've eaten at CM twice and both times had to wait a good 20 minutes plus after our ADR to be seated. The food and service are much better at LTT. We've been to LTT at least 6 times and always have had a great time and great food. Also, you will be at MK and not need to worry about getting to the Contemporary. We were at Epcot on our last trip (5/11/06) and it took a good half hour to take the monorail to CM. We had a 6:20 ADR and did not get out of there until after 8:00. We were going to go to MK to see Spectromagic, but our boys were exhausted and not up for walking. We were going to take the monorail, but it loops around to the other resorts and they fell asleep on it. CM is nice to try and our boys like it, but I'd definitely choose LTT between the two. CM can also be really loud and you have to serve yourself at the buffet. At LTT, you are served family style and it's much more quiet, relaxing and calm. The characters at LTT have always been much more interactive and spend longer at our table than those at CM.

I definately would choose Chef Mickey's over the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Chef Mickey's is a buffet with lots of choices, at the Liberty Tree they bring you a platter of turkey and stuffing. I believe it is Stouffers. I can get that at my local supermarket, thanks. I also like the fun atmosphere at CM's. Love to wave my napkin! :yay:

We went to LTT last year on our first night and it is the only restaurant we tried where I really disliked the food, to me it was like Boston Market food but not as good. This year we are going to try CM instead, it doesn't take very long to take the monorail from MK to the Contemporary we did it last year to go to the Concourse.

I think it depends on what is more important to you.

LTT will be more convenient but the stuffing and the mac and cheese there are basically the same boxed/frozen Stouffer's items that you can buy in your grocery store. A plus here is that you will be served at your table without having to get up and get your food.

CM is a serve-yourself type of buffet with many food choices. It is a louder restaurant. I thought the food there was pretty good (though not my fave on WDW property). I like the food better here than LTT.

I think character interaction at either is really good. Although I don't remember Mickey being at LTT, so if that is important to you, stick with CM.

My personal pick would be for CM. It has a fun, festive atmosphere, and I personally think the food is better and you have more options than at LTT.

Thanks for all the opinions... now let's throw a NEW wrench into the mix.

I'm not 100% "thrilled" with the menu at LTT. So now I'm thinking either ADRs at Plaza OR...forgo the ADRs for that night and just wing it...maybe Pecos Bill (which we really enjoyed in 2004) or Cosmic Rays or "hey it's the first night of vacation...you want ice cream for dinner... go right ahead!"

I have ADRs for every other night for dinner, eating a CS for dinner one night isn't going to kill anyone. This way we can be flexable with tired & cranky kids who were up and on the road by 6am that morning.

I don't like taking the time to work my way to the front of the park, leave to eat elsewhere, then go back into the park. Especially with tired kids. In your shoes I would definitely eat in the park.

I would probably eat in the park. Grab some counter service when you get hungry.

Jenn Lynn said:
I would probably eat in the park. Grab some counter service when you get hungry.

Thanks Jenn... this is what I am now leaning towards. We are arriving the Sat before Thanksgiving, so while the park may be "crowded" I don't think they will unmanageable.

I think I'll hold onto the ADR for a bit longer, and when we get closer to our arrival I will make a final decision. I'm gonna talk to the kids and see what they want to do. Nothing like choruses of "What do you mean we are NOT going to CMs" to start the vacation on the wrong foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter