Things you wish you knew before your first cruise?

* Speaking of Castaway, from what I hear, the earlier that you hit the island, the lower the tides will be... IDK how true this is but hubs and I hit the adult beach right when the ship docked and we could walk for QUITE a ways out into the ocean and the water was only up to our waist. A couple hours later, it had rose significantly. I'm sure a lot of factors go into this though... but something to maybe keep in mind.

Disney has extraordinary powers but even Disney can't control the tides. You can probably find a tide chart on line before you go.

Nancy

Regarding Tides:

Been there first thing in the morning, some times they are high, some times they are low, sometimes inbetween.

It's a "It's that time of the month thing" not a DCL thing.

Favorite sign in the world seen at Old Faithful in Yellowstone:
"We can only Predict, Disney Schedules"

-Pool deck gets really hot
-The sand on Castaway Cay I thought was hard and had some small pebbles in it, wear some good shoes.
-Get to Castaway Cay relatively early and head back to the ship early, the lines to get on the ship get really long closer to the all aboard time.
-Dont wait until the last day to book a future cruise, the wait can be really long, we waited at least 30 minutes and the line got a lot longer as the day progressed.

* People stress about the "perfect" dinning rotation. Don't sweat it - you will enjoy all of the dining rooms and you will be served and catered to to the best of DCL's ability.

This is the best one yet! So true.

I used to have a friend who over-thought things, and tried to plan every single second for her family. It dragged her whole family down.:(

* Speaking of Castaway, from what I hear, the earlier that you hit the island, the lower the tides will be... IDK how true this is but hubs and I hit the adult beach right when the ship docked and we could walk for QUITE a ways out into the ocean and the water was only up to our waist. A couple hours later, it had rose significantly. I'm sure a lot of factors go into this though... but something to maybe keep in mind.

Disney has extraordinary powers but even Disney can't control the tides. You can probably find a tide chart on line before you go.

Nancy

Tides in the BAhamas (like in most of the rest of the world) go in and out twice a day ie 2 high tides each day and each high tide is about 1/2 hour later than the previous one so it is just as likely to be out as in, in the morning! Mind you the difference between high and low tide on CC is not very big anyway. Regardless of the state of the tide, it is a great place to be!

-Dont wait until the last day to book a future cruise, the wait can be really long, we waited at least 30 minutes and the line got a lot longer as the day progressed.

You don't have to wait to book a future cruise AT ALL. Go to the future cruise sales desk and tear a card off the pad. Even if they are not open it should be there. Give them the details you want (or write "placeholder" on it) and drop it in the box! They will return it to your stateroom with a quote. No waiting in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter