• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things to do at BCV

Smile

Earning My Ears
We just sent in our offer for BCV so this is my first trip.

I am starting to research/plan for our trip to BCV. It would be a 5-7 +/- day trip. Since my kids are very small 2.5 and 1 yrs old, I was considering going the BCV and just enjoying the scenery. Check out the other resorts, see the fireworks (is this only on special occasions), shop at DTD and swim in SAB.

I was not planning to rent a car. Should I? Was going to catch a shuttle.

I want our first trip to not be rushed by going to many places. Are there other places we can go that is nearby. If it's not too much, I was thinking about the Animal Kingdom.

Haven't read up on the other places, but I think MK, Epicot and MGM would be to large to us to see with two kids on a stroller. Maybe in a yr or two?

Heard you can ask Disney to stock the refrig. What do you think of this option?

Thanks again for all your help. Can't wait to be at BCV.

:Pinkbounc :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :Pinkbounc

BC is a lovely resort, and if all you want is a resort vacation, you'll enjoy it, especially with Stormalong Bay as your pool. But gee, no Magic Kingdom at all?? You might think your children are too small, but believe me, thousands of other families enjoy the parks every day. If you pick a few rides, say FantasyLand, and then take a break back at your resort, you can have the best of both worlds.

All of the fireworks shows are inside a park - some outside locations have partial views of the higher fireworks, but it's nothing like the experience of being there. BCV will have a partial view of both Magic Kingdom and Epcot, depending on your room location.

We just stayed at BCV and loved it. DD is two and had a great time in the pool. SAB has a great sand area right in the pool and she loved it. We spent 90% of our time in mk and mgm. We skipped ak and only did epcot for the princess breakfast. DD loved playhouse disney at mgm and the boat over was a great ride. As far as renting a car goes we always do. I like to be able to come and go as I like, and getting to dtd with the busses could be tricky. Although I wanted to try the busses DW was set against it. We stopped at the supermarket on the way to BCV from mco. You could order in advance or pick it up in the store at the hotel, depending on how much you need. Have a great trip!

I have to agree with DVCLiz that Magic Kingdom is great for kids of all ages.

You will love BCV, you have Stormalong Bay, and the quiet pool by the villas is really nice.

If you want to stcok your fridge, try WeGoShop, they are a service that will shop and deliver, you you do not pay the inflated prices that you would through Disney. I hear good things about them.

BCV is our favorite and it's central to alot of activities. Epcot and MGM are right there, there's many restuarants between BWV and BCV, there's a playground, a few pools, a small beach area, boats, you can watch Epcot's fireworks (free) from the bridge between BCV & BWV and so on. IMO, it's easier to put them in the stroller and walk then to keep getting them in and out of the car or bus. We took our then 13 month old to Epcot last year (our older DD is 9) and she liked it. BUt she REALLY loved MGM and Playhouse Disney and the parade. She knew the characters too. If you had to pick a park or two..defintely MGM and Magic Kingdom. We buy groceries when we get there from one of the local grocery stores, but we drive sowe have a van. I don't see the need for a rental car.

Take your stroller and stroll over (or take the boat) to the Boardwalk in the evening. Go to the bakery. Get an ice cream. Play one of the games. There's lots to see and do. The street performers are very good.

DisFlan

I predict your little ones will love playing in the sandy area of the pool (way over on the YC side). Heck, little ones? I'm alot older and I love it! Go over to the beach after sunset and walk along the sand. Take everyone into the Marketplace for some gelato. Don't forget the room in the BCV (the name escapes me right now) where they can watch Disney movies anytime, and you can sit and read. I've peeked into that room, and it always looks so nice.

We spent a week with another family in a 2BR at BCV - 4 adults and 2 boys - age 2 and 18 months. WHAT A GREAT TIME! So much fun, we also bought a resale at BCV and hope to close 12/16!!! We chose BCV for the SAB pool and the location to resturants nearby. Both kids LOVED SAB - we spent two half days there and they had a great time. We also liked being so close to so many restaurants at BW. From Spoodles to Flying Fish to ESPN, we never had to go far for a meal. ALSO, there is a great character breakfast right in BCV at Cape May Cafe! We had a short walk and did not have to take the bus over to MK for the Crystal Palace character breakfast there (although we did do a lunch at CP and was outstanding!).
We are planning a return trip to a 1BR this time in May and Sept of 2006! Epcot did not have much to entertain our 2 year old but we still could walk around the different countries at night and he was entertained by the beatles in England in different shows. Did I mention the view of the fireworks from our balcony every night?? The bus service was very easy to the other parks and while MK was his FAVORITE - it is an easy trip over there. It is a wonderful location to everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter