Things that are free at Disney

If you are celebrating something like a birthday, anniversary, first trip, honeymoon, etc you can get a free button to wear. People will wish you a happy birthday/anniv, etc Cast members will ask how your first trip has been etc. My kids even got a "call" from Goofy wishing them a great first trip :goodvibes

Fastpass is free! haha you have to pay at universal ;)

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom has already been said; but even if you don't want to play, you can get one pack of cards per valid ticket per day. They are pretty cool looking and are a great little free souvenir! :wizard:

Um, Magical Express. Parking at your Disney resort (ever check how much Gaylord Palms charges? :eek:).

And then their are the intangibles. I'm at peace and I feel safe and secure and I'm with my family. That's worth a lot these days.

They are available to everyone!

We've wanted to do the one at DHS but never want to wait in line for it. Sounds like a great way to try it, since we're staying at Pop. Anyone know what the hours of operation might be? Love to check it out when we take an afternoon break.

We've wanted to do the one at DHS but never want to wait in line for it. Sounds like a great way to try it, since we're staying at Pop. Anyone know what the hours of operation might be? Love to check it out when we take an afternoon break.

OMG it's so fun! We laugh at everyone's drawings (especially my DH) it's really fun and lots of different characters. We do it at least once or twice each day that we are at DHS!! You've gotta try it!!

Take a DVC tour and you can often get a gift card and they have ice cream at the end. Of course you do give a lare part of your day.

Getting Pixie Dust (glittery stuff) sprinkled in your hair at Castle Couture (shop just behind Cinderella's castle in MK). They usually make a little production for the kids, asking them to close their eyes, make a wish, and then use a "magic wand" to sprinkle the Pixie Dust in their hair. So fun! You sometimes have to ask who is giving out the Pixie Dust that day, but they seem very happy to do it. My girls love this, and we do it any day we are at MK! It is a little hard to get out, but that makes it last several days, even with washing their hair, and for them, that's even better!

I know that the tours of the resturaunts are available to anyone. When I went, I noticed that no one ever asked where I was staying (although it was AKL). Also, AKL-Jambo has a great sunset storyteller outside by the firepit. One night when I went, afterwards a lady was asking around for the best way to "get back to" CBR, because ha's whee she was staying.

This is awesome. My DD is really into cooking and already dreaming about working in a Disney restaurant as a chef. How would we go about booking a restaurant tour?

Take a DVC tour and you can often get a gift card and they have ice cream at the end. Of course you do give a lare part of your day.

We did it last trip, I think it took like 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Very nice people and no pressure. (It convinced my DH to buy DVC - resale, of course, but still!)

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom has already been said; but even if you don't want to play, you can get one pack of cards per valid ticket per day. They are pretty cool looking and are a great little free souvenir! :wizard:

Where do you go to get the cards?

Okay spent some time on the phone with Disney the AOA art classes are held every day at 11am, 2pm,and 5pm. The culinary tour at AKL is at 4pm everyday. Both last between 30-45minutes and are open to everyone.

Can also get free Pixie Dust for your hair at the Barber Shop just to the right as you look at City Hall.

Okay spent some time on the phone with Disney the AOA art classes are held every day at 11am, 2pm,and 5pm. The culinary tour at AKL is at 4pm everyday. Both last between 30-45minutes and are open to everyone.

Thanks VERY MUCH for tracking down this info! We will definitely be doing these this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter