Things overheard while at Disney last week.....

Last summer at Epcot, the kids were lining up for a Disney character near Germany. Out comes the character, and a mom was all excited to tell her daughter, "Look, there's Cinderella!" My DW was quick to say, "Yea, that would be Snow White!"

A few years ago, waiting to check in to Cinderella Royal Table, a very well dressed (for Disney) couple in front of us to CMs,

Man: Yes, we are here to check in for two nights
CM: I'm sorry, what?
Woman: (to man) I thought we had decided on 3 nights
Man: What time can we expect our luggage? We did not ride your bus, but we sent our luggage on ahead of us.
CM: Do you have a dining reservation?
Woman: Oh, we thought this was where we check in for the Walt Disney Suite.

Sadly at this point, a different CM came up and had the couple step to the side to talk to him. I would have loved to have heard the rest of that conversation!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall for the rest of that conversation!

Last summer we heard a lady say as we were walking around Epcot "I visited a lot of the countries today, Africa and Mexico..."
Unless I missed something, Epcot isn't broken into continents ;)

Last summer we heard a lady say as we were walking around Epcot "I visited a lot of the countries today, Africa and Mexico..."
Unless I missed something, Epcot isn't broken into continents ;)

I do agree with you with Africa not being a country but a continent, but isn't the little corner between Germany and China called Africa? It's not much, it has a shop and a food cart, I think.

We were inside a gift shop in MK, I think it was Castle Couture, but I don't remember - a woman entered the place huffing and puffing and then went straight to the CM behind the counter and said, "We smell burgers!" (pronounced bargh-ers) The CM looked a bit bewildered and said, "Excuse me?" (She had a cute British accent) - The woman then said it again, and when the CM gave her another befuddled look, the woman explained that she was hungry and wanted to eat whatever she smelled, and they must sell hamburgers around there.

My husband and I now go around the house saying "I smell BARGHERS" especially when we're grilling. Fun memories.

Ok, this one about got me into trouble at work. Too funny!

I think my first experience of the weird things that tourist say was when I was younger. A lady near us stated to her child "That's Puff the magic dragon."
I turned my sister and muttered "It's Elliot. This person has never seen Pete's Dragon."

I have also overheard someone ask where the monorail to Universal is.

We heard a very impatient women say while waiting for rope drop at Epcot's International Gateway "We have been here 9 days and haven't been on anything yet, why do they not have a separate line for people who do not have any bags to be checked".

We heard a very impatient women say while waiting for rope drop at Epcot's International Gateway "We have been here 9 days and haven't been on anything yet, why do they not have a separate line for people who do not have any bags to be checked".

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

---Paul in Southern NJ

We took my in-laws for their first trip. I offered to make reservations for the whole family, but my MIL insisted on doing her own. So I sat with her when she called Disney. She asked to book a room at "the Disney hotel." When I corrected her with our hotel, she then asked for a room at the "All Star hotel." So close...

Have overheard many people looking for the Harry Potter parks at Disney. One family was so irate, they insisted Disney drive them to the correct park and pay for the tickets due to the inconvenience.

"Fast passes are only for rich people, we just have to wait in line with the poor people." Dude was dead serious.

After 3 days at Universal my own kids (11, 11, and 8) kept referring to our Fast Passes as Express Passes... To CMs. Each time of the million times I corrected them. The kicker.... We didn't even have Express Passes while at Universal, and they kept asking when we could use our Fast Passes.o_O

I wish people would have heard some of the snarky things I did as a CM. If someone asked me for directions to something that wasn't in Epcot I would give them almost turn by turn directions. First one happened on my earning ears day. Coordinator said he couldn't dock me because I did answer the man correctly and politely. We were standing at the main Agent P cart on the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. This guest ran up and blurts out "where can I find the yeti?" so I gave him directions from where we were standing to Animal Kingdom.

A similar one happened towards the end of my time. I was at the international gateway and a guest asked how to get to the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. I gave them walking directions to it in DHS. I think out of the entire year and a half I was there those were my only 2 snarky CM moments haha.

My favorite in Epcot that I still hear at least once ever trip is "Where can I get normal people food?" I always shake my head and laugh a little.

I wish people would have heard some of the snarky things I did as a CM. If someone asked me for directions to something that wasn't in Epcot I would give them almost turn by turn directions. First one happened on my earning ears day. Coordinator said he couldn't dock me because I did answer the man correctly and politely. We were standing at the main Agent P cart on the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. This guest ran up and blurts out "where can I find the yeti?" so I gave him directions from where we were standing to Animal Kingdom.

A similar one happened towards the end of my time. I was at the international gateway and a guest asked how to get to the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. I gave them walking directions to it in DHS. I think out of the entire year and a half I was there those were my only 2 snarky CM moments haha.

My favorite in Epcot that I still hear at least once ever trip is "Where can I get normal people food?" I always shake my head and laugh a little.
:offtopic: Sorry.

I hate it when guests are snarky or mean to Cast Members. Whenever I see that happen, I take a moment to walk over and say something nice.

:offtopic: Sorry.

I hate it when guests are snarky or mean to Cast Members. Whenever I see that happen, I take a moment to walk over and say something nice.

Oh I wasn't clear. The guests weren't really snarky they were wrong about what attractions were in what parks. I was the snarky one but not really in a rude way just a tongue in cheek way. If you ask me how to get to the Yeti from Epcot I'm going to tell you exactly how to including getting on a bus to DAK haha.

Here are some things we overheard while at Disney last week.

1. Husband: "Are you crying?" Wife: "No, I'm sweating!"
  2. During Illuminations: "Look.... they moved the Epcot ball to the middle of the lake!"
  3. "Peter Pan flight is a huge roller coaster"
  4. Outside PotC: "Don't worry, it's full of funny pirates"
  5. In HM "Is that a bomb shell" (the Doom Buggies)
  6. At Canada "Let me have one of those Fondue beers" (La Fin Du Monde Ale)
Anyone else hear any one liners?

---Paul in Southern NJ
Such a fun thread! These really made me laugh and we thought we'd share the fun by choosing your thread to be featured in today's edition of the DIS Daily Fix! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!