Things I wish I knew about Cabana Bay - List Here -

I've got a tip. If you buy a tube for the lazy river the hut has got sharpie pens to write your name on them. We had one of our tubes taken. and I've already seen, on two separate occasions, people having to ask strangers for their rings back.

The hut was really great and gave us a replacement for our ring when we showed the receipt.

Has anyone rented a cabana there, and if so, what was the price? We were thinking of renting one for my DH's elderly parents, as they will not be going to the parks with us, but will be hanging around the resort during the day. They like the outdoors but need to get out of the sun, now and then, even in November when we will be there.

Has anyone rented a cabana there, and if so, what was the price? We were thinking of renting one for my DH's elderly parents, as they will not be going to the parks with us, but will be hanging around the resort during the day. They like the outdoors but need to get out of the sun, now and then, even in November when we will be there.

They start at around $100/day.

Awesome. Thanks.

I guess it depends if they have free rooms at the time or not if they'll assign you a room that early.

Going in February the week BEFORE Presidents Day so hopefully it's not that busy.

This is when we are going also! Planning on hitting the US & IOA on Sunday/Monday and a day at Disney Tues. The crowd calendar are showing really good for the parks we have picked out for each day.

Anyone know the time it takes to walk from CBR to the parks? I saw that distance but just wondering what the average time it takes to walk. Also can you not use the Water Taxis at all? Could we not hop on at another resort? Never stayed on site here but I know at Disney you can use the transportation and just get on/off at whatever stops they make.

Anyone know the time it takes to walk from CBR to the parks? I saw that distance but just wondering what the average time it takes to walk. Also can you not use the Water Taxis at all? Could we not hop on at another resort? Never stayed on site here but I know at Disney you can use the transportation and just get on/off at whatever stops they make.
We consider it too long to walk. 20-30 minutes maybe.
The bus is fastest way to get to center of citywalk (about same spot as the water taxis).
You could walk to RPR and get on a watertaxi from there. That cuts the walk by half I would say.

The Starbucks opens early, which is convenient.
The Hideaway sells adult beverages with a discount option if you buy the insulated cup (similar to refillable cup for soda, but larger, and NOT free refills on adult beverages, just a discount!). The insulated cup was great, considering the summer heat and the cocktails were very tasty. We usually brought food our from the food court indoors, it was larger and had more of what we prefer to eat.
The lazy river was so relaxing, we spent an extra day just hanging out at the pool. We ventured over to the water slide, but we preferred the lazy river.
If there is lightning, the pools and outdoor bars close down completely (open back up after all clear from Universal). This happened a few days during our stay.
I'm not sure if the nightly outdoor movie was ever shown at the pool (they put signs up early afternoon that it was being played elsewhere, due to inclement weather).
The housekeepers came by very early on some days, then very late on other days. It wasn't a problem, just an observation.

from what I've learned yes, but that they will close the pool if it's below 40 degrees

I actually had this happen. It was late January and it got chilly in the 30's and 20's and they shut down the pool.

Side note it was also very windy and they shut down the Hogwarts express. It was open the next day.

Stay in a lower floor for better water pressure.

I don't know if it was a fluke with our room on the 7th floor tower but it had terrible water pressure. I talked to another guest who was on the ground floor and he said his pressure was fine or I might have thought that it was due to the construction next door. I complained about it on the 3rd day but never saw any improvement so I don't know if they even looked at it. We were too busy having fun to worry about it after that so I never pursued it further.

All in all it was a great stay with no other problems.

I am trying to work in a quick trip this December so i can go to Grinchmas. I debating on this hotel or hard rock

can anyone tell me how much the rings are to buy for the lazy river?

They start at $7 and go to $15, the last time I heard. It is much better to just bring your own and have them inflate them for free and not to buy any at all.

Last edited:
Oops, this is the thread I was responding to lol
Hope they have fun, it's a great alternative, and cheaper than entering the parks!

I just booked three nights at Cabana Bay and this thread had a lot to do with that decision. I'm looking forward to it!

Going December 11-13th. Can't wait! Do the rooms have hair dryers? I assume so but worry that if I decide to leave mine at home they won't have one. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter