Thieves target cars close to Universal

nightowlky

<font color=navy>I should start my own Super Nanny
Wasn't sure which forum to put this so I put it here.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-breakins0306jul03,0,525681.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
Thieves early Sunday broke into at least 32 cars parked at eight Universal Studios-area hotels and one nightclub, stealing any valuable items the owners had left behind.

Almost half of the vehicles were burglarized at the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites at 5905 Kirkman Road, where the thieves broke into 15 cars by smashing windows but were undetected by hotel security.

Calls for comment to the eight hotels were not returned Sunday.

The amassed booty includes electronic equipment, cell phones and compact discs, police said.

"They reached in and grabbed anything they could," said Orlando police Sgt. Patrick Guckian.

The other hotels hit were a second Holiday Inn at 6515 International Drive, Hampton Inns at 7110 S. Kirkman Road and 5621 Windhover Drive, a Howard Johnson at 6603 International Drive, the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel at 5800 Universal Blvd., the I-Drive Inn at 6323 International Drive and the Imperial Swan Hotel at 7050 S. Kirkman Road.

An area nightclub, J.J. Whispers, 4732 S. Kirkman Road, was also hit.

Police estimated the break-ins happened between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m.
More at the link.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll be sure to make sur we don't keep valuables in the car next week!

I know I'll be extra careful of where I park. I just got a reservation (via Priceline) for a Holiday Inn that was one of those struck!

Oh well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter