They're going where....oh never mind! August PTR now with shopping pics!

Hi!:wave2: Just found your PTR and we will be there at the same time!:cool1: We are staying in a family suite at ASMu from Aug. 17 - 26th. We were there at the same time in '09 and we loved it.:thumbsup2 It was hot, but we don't mind the heat. In fact, after all the snow we had here this winter, we are looking forward to the heat!:scared1:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!popcorn::

Kelly

Welcome. We have never been at ASMu. On our first trip we stayed at ASMo; I'm interested in hearing what the suites are like.

Welcome; will you be at POFQ as well?

No, we bought into DVC so we will be at BLT and BWV. We stayed at the Poly and CSR before DVC, so I didn't have a chance to stay there. I have heard wonderful reports and look forward to visiting it some time in the future for the theming!

Have you stayed at different resorts or do you like to go back to one specific?

New to the disboards and joining in!

Going to be at WDW August 20 to August 26. This will be fun following along in your planning!

No, we bought into DVC so we will be at BLT and BWV. We stayed at the Poly and CSR before DVC, so I didn't have a chance to stay there. I have heard wonderful reports and look forward to visiting it some time in the future for the theming!

Have you stayed at different resorts or do you like to go back to one specific?

We have moved around a bit. WE have stayed at Pop 3 times, ASMo once, The Poly once, CBR once (well pooksma and I did but that is a secret) and this will be our second time at POFQ.

Overall Pop is my favourite but it is nice to move around a bit.

New to the disboards and joining in!

Going to be at WDW August 20 to August 26. This will be fun following along in your planning!

Welcome to the Dis.

You will love staying at the Poly. The one time we stayed we got a nice little upgrade; they put us on the third floor of the concierge building overlooking the lake. It was tough but we made do.:lmao:

Welcome to the Dis.

You will love staying at the Poly. The one time we stayed we got a nice little upgrade; they put us on the third floor of the concierge building overlooking the lake. It was tough but we made do.:lmao:

If I had a Bucket List, staying at Poly would be on it.
I can barely afford a bucket, though,
so paying for the Poly is pretty much out of the question for now. :upsidedow
Maybe someday.:goodvibes

Disneywrld4life - Welcome to the DIS! :dance3:
You will find many good people here.

Welcome. We have never been at ASMu. On our first trip we stayed at ASMo; I'm interested in hearing what the suites are like.

We, too, have stayed at ASMo a couple of times. Loved it.:thumbsup2 With 2 teenage DDs :scared1:, we are looking forward to having the 2 bathrooms!;)

If I had a Bucket List, staying at Poly would be on it.
I can barely afford a bucket, though,
so paying for the Poly is pretty much out of the question for now. :upsidedow
Maybe someday.:goodvibes

Disneywrld4life - Welcome to the DIS! :dance3:
You will find many good people here.

You need one of those 40% off pin codes; that's what did it for us.

We, too, have stayed at ASMo a couple of times. Loved it.:thumbsup2 With 2 teenage DDs :scared1:, we are looking forward to having the 2 bathrooms!;)

I think the two rooms would be good.

Well the weeks is almost over and the trip grows closer, hopefully we will get in an update or two over the next couple of days.

You need one of those 40% off pin codes; that's what did it for us.

I sure do! :cool1:
Can you let somebody in Disney World know that? :thumbsup2
Until then, we'll just be Poly pretenders. We'll go to eat and shop and sit on the beach as if it belonged to us. We're eating at 'Ohana on Fourth of July and then going out to meet with some people who really are staying there to watch fireworks. After the fun, we'll be finding our way in the huge crowd back to the Pop bus stop to get back 'home'. :laughing:

Happy Friday Dad, Ma, and Declan! Hope you guys have a nice weekend. :)

Ahhh the POLY would be on my list too! But it's Beach Club that is my dream resort! ;)

I had a 40% off pin code and let it slip away....hope it won't be my only chance.

:rotfl2:...I'm a POLY pretender too! MeMom you make me laugh!
It sure would be nice to swim in the pool and not have the long trek back to POP after the fireworks if we were true guests.
And all the dole whips I could want!

One day it will happen for us! :goodvibes

Declansdad it's very cool you got an upgrade! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at ASMovies, ASSports and POP.
Lexi really wants to stay at ASMusic but after POP, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

Can't wait for the update. popcorn::

I sure do! :cool1:
Can you let somebody in Disney World know that? :thumbsup2
Until then, we'll just be Poly pretenders. We'll go to eat and shop and sit on the beach as if it belonged to us. We're eating at 'Ohana on Fourth of July and then going out to meet with some people who really are staying there to watch fireworks. After the fun, we'll be finding our way in the huge crowd back to the Pop bus stop to get back 'home'. :laughing:

Happy Friday Dad, Ma, and Declan! Hope you guys have a nice weekend. :)

Maybe we will catch you on someone's webcam at the Poly again.

Hope you all have a great weekend as well.

Ahhh the POLY would be on my list too! But it's Beach Club that is my dream resort! ;)

I had a 40% off pin code and let it slip away....hope it won't be my only chance.

:rotfl2:...I'm a POLY pretender too! MeMom you make me laugh!
It sure would be nice to swim in the pool and not have the long trek back to POP after the fireworks if we were true guests.
And all the dole whips I could want!

One day it will happen for us! :goodvibes

Declansdad it's very cool you got an upgrade! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at ASMovies, ASSports and POP.
Lexi really wants to stay at ASMusic but after POP, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

Can't wait for the update. popcorn::

I agree with you, POP is my favourite unfortunately not everyone else feels the same and I only get one vote. That being said I still want to stay at AKL and would love to go back to the Poly again.

I seriously must be loosing my mind...could have sworn I hit "subscribe" when you first started but this morning I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from you:rolleyes1 I'm all good now though!!!

I'm a lucky girl cause my DMom and Lexi just go with whatever plans I make....Shhhh...don't tell them if they got together I would be out voted! :lmao:

Ahem....:confused: For the record, I've always be up for AKL. I don't remember you proposing it when we had our "family" talk about the trip.:rotfl2:

As I sit here looking at a forecast of rain, rain and MORE rain, I keep reminding myself that I am now doing the DOUBLE DIGIT :banana::banana:

Happy weekend everyone :)

Ahem....:confused: For the record, I've always be up for AKL. I don't remember you proposing it when we had our "family" talk about the trip.:rotfl2:

As I sit here looking at a forecast of rain, rain and MORE rain, I keep reminding myself that I am now doing the DOUBLE DIGIT :banana::banana:

Happy weekend everyone :)

AKL wasn't discussed at the "family" talk about the trip???? You mean we could have been at the same resort having cocktails by the pool more often than the one time we have planned......oh dear:confused3

I totally vote for AKL...I love it! :love: Speaking of rain pooksma, we had a very rainy Disney day last summer. The type of dreary, it must be Sunday and I must take a nap kind of rain... Well, dh was the only one able to take a nap. The girls and I enjoyed the animals and the viewing areas of AKL...

(Then, again, I've never stayed at POFQ, and since you've you are returning there, it must have some magic too)

AKL wasn't discussed at the "family" talk about the trip???? You mean we could have been at the same resort having cocktails by the pool more often than the one time we have planned......oh dear:confused3

Lol it wasn't discussed for two reasons: no lottery win and no 40% pin.

We can still hang out by the pool sharing some cocktails.

I totally vote for AKL...I love it! :love: Speaking of rain pooksma, we had a very rainy Disney day last summer. The type of dreary, it must be Sunday and I must take a nap kind of rain... Well, dh was the only one able to take a nap. The girls and I enjoyed the animals and the viewing areas of AKL...

(Then, again, I've never stayed at POFQ, and since you've you are returning there, it must have some magic too)

Someday AKL will be on the list. It was a few years ago but then we got moved because of the construction. That is how we ended up at the Poly.

If Dave has the webcam up and running, we'll give you a shout out! :laughing:

You would heart heart heart :love: Animal Kingdom Lodge. ::yes::

I check those webcams all the time so we will be watching for you.

Short update time.

When we last left you Pooksma and I were looking at Universal. We considered adding days on in the beginning and staying there for the first time ever. Well let me tell you that their hotels ain't cheap! And the thought of paying extra for what could only be called Fast Passes wasn't all that appealing.

So even though Pooksma is a huge fan of that Potter kid, Universal was going to be a no go this trip. That left SeaWorld, the place we keep saying that we wanted to visit. So we started to look at SeaWorld and options for hotels. Should we stay at one of theirs or simply add some days at a Disney hotel. We did know that one way of the other, we would be staying a few extra days because we purchased plane tickets that put us into Orlando on August 16th and we didn't check into POFQ until the 19th.

In the end we booked through the SeaWorld website for one of their packages. We will be staying at SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld from the 16th to the 19th. Our passes to SeaWorld will give us the second day free, early entry and free dining. I also managed to secure a great car rental (thanks to mousesavers and their codes). We will be cruising around Orlando for a few days in a convertible for just around $200.

Next up in the process would be our ADRs.

Can you believe this was our little guy on his very first day at MK.

Disneyday26.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter