these stupid eyelets!

llggood

Mouseketeer
Okay I scrapbook alot and I decided to branch onto the "eyelit" trend. I have eyelets, the anywhere hole punch, the little hammer and the eyelet setter. I tried it tonight and it did not work. The anywhere hole punch did not punch a very big hole and when I put the eyelet setter on and tapped it, it sure did not set! Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Don't feel bad! most people, me included, could not get these to work te first time around. You said you couldn't get them to set with a tap. I have to hammer to get mine to set. Practice on some paper you don't care about to figure out the correct pressure to hammer at. I have to wack my setter a couple of times to set eyelets.

Give it another try.

I LOVE eyelets!! Trying banging it instead of just tapping... and make sure you've got it on a hard surface. (I know there are several tables at my LSS where we can't set eyelets cuz the tables give.) I agree... practice on scraps first.

I think some brands are easier to "squish" and don't take as much hammering. I have had good luck with the ones from Making Memories. I also pound it down with the setter on a hard surface and then give it a few gentle taps without the setter to get it to lay flat.

I always hammer mine on the front porch. The cement doesn't give and the family complains less about the pounding.

the table definitely makes a difference - I was at a crop recently where the tables where too bouncy so everyone was pounding on the floor.
I can set them at home on my computer desk, but not my scrapbooking desk - I could pound all night but nothing would happen on my scrapping table, it's just not sturdy enough

And, if all else fails, try brads....but I'd have to agree with the above posters. It takes a lot of practice, etc... Also, it depends on the eyelet too. I use one brand from my LSS because they set better. I tried one from another place it was awful. My LSS said that some metals are softer than others making some easier to set.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter