Thermostat ? I'm sorry to ask!

artesian

DIS Veteran
I can't get the search to work on the forums and know this has been asked 100000000 times. I'm at BCV now and can't figure out how to get the thremostat into vip mode. Google this and the one doesn't quite match the ones I see online so the sequence doesnt quite match. TIA

I don't know that bypass instructions, but we were at BCV last week (room 348) and our room was nice and cold the whole time. We kept the thermostat at 66-67. It was even nice and chilled when we returned from the parks and the AC did not seem to go off at night while we were sleeping. It was nice!

Here's my cheat sheet, hopefully one of these matches your thermostat.

Disney Thermostat Bypass

********** OPTION A **********
1. Press Power and Down arrow at same time. bp appears on display (bypass).
2. Use Up/Down arrow buttons to set the temperature.
May have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.

********** OPTION B **********
1. Press Off button and both temperature Up/Down buttons at the same time. BP appears on display.
2. Use Up/Down buttons to set the temperature.

********** OPTION C **********
The thermostat has two buttons on the left (On/Off and Auto/Fan) and two buttons on the right (Up and Down)

1. Press the On/Off and Auto/Fan buttons together. CA appears on display.
2. Press the On/Off and Down button together. Display will change to OR (or something similar).
You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.

********** OPTION D **********
1. Press and hold F/C key.
2. Press and release Off/Auto key.
3. Press and release Display key.
4. Release F/C key. Display will show PAR (parameter) and parameter number.
5. Press Up arrow key and scroll until # 24 appears (old models # 6).
6. Press Off/Auto key. Current low temperature is displayed.
7. Press Down arrow key until desired temperature appears.
8. Press F/C key.

Thank you bluecruiser. I copied this to a Google Keep Note so I will be able to find it when I need it.

Laura

Had the same problem in July. I called maintenance and someone came right up to do it for me. He said it would also turn off the motion sensor but I don't think it did. He did say they are happy to do this when asked.
BTW- he had a long list of instructions with him!

This is from several post others have placed on this site on how to 'fix' the thermostats. Hope it helps.

Press the power button and the down arrow button simultaneously. The letters "bp" should appear in the display indicating you are in "bypass" mode. Then you can use the up/down buttons to set the temperature. You may have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.

The sensor by-pass for our kind of thermostat was simple--I just pressed the "off" button and both the temperature "up/down" buttons all at the same time. "BP' appears in the thermostat, and then it operates as most other thermostats in most other hotels in the US

And yet another:

The thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)

1) Press the ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN buttons together. The digital display will change to 'CA'.

2) Press the ON/OFF and DOWN button together. The digital display will change to 'OR" (or something similar).

You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.

TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.

EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:

1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY

2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.

4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.

UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.

1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)

2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.

4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY

OKW

Thermostats at OKW are one of the easiest to override. Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. After 2-3 seconds bp will show on the display. The bypass will last for 24 hours so you need to do it every day. Pressing the F/C button will also change the display from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Just press it again to switch it back to whichever you prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter