There has to be an easier way!

VermontTajMahal

Earning My Ears
I recently purchased "5" annual passes for my family who have never been to WDW. I'm a veteran but have never bothered to own an annual pass. I have been informed that you must first activate your passes prior to registering at FW to get your AP discount. So after driving forever to get there, you have to go to a park first and get "official" prior to checking in? What is the least painful way / least time consuming to pull this feat off? This has to waste a minimum of an hour and a half to two after I drive all the way from Vermont. Please let me know a better way!

Thanks!
BL

We are PAP holders. We never had to display our actual PAP pass to get the discount or to the CM at the desk at any of the resorts at WDW. That being said, we have never stayed at FW, but looking forward to our first time at that resort in February. You will have to have the pass activated prior to entering the parks at which time your hand will be scanned for ticket identification purposes in the future. AP's & PAP's are the way to go, especially if staying more than 7 days.

Tim

In August we weren't asked to show our AP on check in. Don't know if that is normal though. The drive through check in was the least painful check in I have ever had.

Hi Bobcat,

I assume you have the "vouchers" to exchange into the actual annual pass. Which you would have gotten through the Disney Stores, AAA, or by calling 1-407-W-Disney. If that's the case, then the vouchers will be sufficent to check in with to get the discount. The voucher shows that you have already paid for the passes.

Hope this helps...Mmketeer

I'm gonna give it a shot and check-in with just the voucher. Worst case scenario I bring it back by them later that evening and get the rate corrected. Thanks again!

I'm a bit confused so please excuse me. My family and I are planning to get AP's after we get to disney. We already belong to the Disney Club and are assuming that the club card will get us discounts on the AP's. Is this correct or are there better discounts out there? Thanks for any help. This is our second stay at FWCG we just love it.
:D :D

moneypit - the DC card has the best discount on APs. You should have your AP in hand when you check in. You can either get it at guest services at one of the parks or downtown disney.

Thanks bobcat for the info. Is there any specail reason to have the APs prior to check in?

You only need to have the AP when checking in IF you got AP discounts on your reservations. A lot of people will only get AP's after they are successful getting the discounts.

Barbara
207 days to go!

OK I get now. Just a little slow to catch on. Unfortunately I think the term discount is outlawed during our stay time. X-mas and New Years. Can't wait!

44 days to go:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter