Theme Park attendance estimates released - Record 112 Million Visit Disney Parks

EE was just completed last year and that cost $100,000,000, if I remember correctly. Maybe they had gone a while without doing anything big, but it seems like they are putting more money in now.

From what I've read, Disney actually underspent what they had originally budgeted for EE to make the ride less extreme... Rumor has it that EE was supposed to be up there with the likes of Dueling Dragons or Hulk Coaster, but it was scrapped to appease younger riders yet simultaneously satisfy coaster enthusiasts.

The only real difference being that one is themed Indy and the other is themed Dinosaurs.
I have to ask, have you actually ridden both attractions?

Go, stop, "not our dino", go, stop, "not our dino", go, stop...

I have to ask, have you actually ridden both attractions?

Go, stop, "not our dino", go, stop, "not our dino", go, stop...

Yes, and I do like the Indy ride better. My point was that the ride is very similar and that if you include Indy as a major ride, then you would also have to include Dinosaur. The ride vehicles are the same, the track is the same, and they were both built with some excellent special effects. Indy is not so dark and has more detail, but the rides are very similar.

Well, then we clearly have differing opinions on the two attractions. I'd give Indy a 10 on a scale of 10, and Dinosaur perhaps a 6. But, given that I've seen what can be done with the technology - it drops down to a 5.

Saying that the only difference is theming is like saying that The Little Mermaid and Return to the Sea have the same characters and are essentially the same movie, the only diffence being Ariel has a kid.

Well, then we clearly have differing opinions on the two attractions. I'd give Indy a 10 on a scale of 10, and Dinosaur perhaps a 6. But, given that I've seen what can be done with the technology - it drops down to a 5.

Saying that the only difference is theming is like saying that The Little Mermaid and Return to the Sea have the same characters and are essentially the same movie, the only diffence being Ariel has a kid.

No, that analogy is not quite fair. A better comparison would be if Disney created a made for theaters sequel of The Little Mermaid and used the same; writer, director, animators, money and voice talent. However the plot was a little weaker and it was less popular with the public.

Again, I can understand that people like Indy better, however they do have a lot of similarities.

I get what you’re saying, but Dinosaur is still a major ride that was built within the last 10 years at WDW.

The point of contention wasn't about major rides, it was about great attractions. Mission:Space, for example, is major, but hardly great.

Dino was a lesser effort not only in terms of the story, but also in terms of the sets in both the queue and the actual ride.

The point of contention wasn't about major rides, it was about great attractions. Mission:Space, for example, is major, but hardly great.

Dino was a lesser effort not only in terms of the story, but also in terms of the sets in both the queue and the actual ride.

I do think it's a great ride and so did the wife. I thought the animatronics were excellent and I enjoyed the queue area. Again, Indy is better, but Dinosaur was still very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter