theatre

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
There's an equity theatre about a half an hour from here called The Mark Two Dinner Theatre. And they do lots of musicals! This year's season includes Kiss Me Kate, Music Man, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, My Fair Lady, and Fiddler on the Roof! And the lady I met at the Disney auditions said you can earn equity points there. :) Sounds like a good place to try my luck after I get a job.

Sounds like a really great thing. Keep us posted. You have the world in front of you. You are a college graduate now and will be able to make some good decisions for yourself :)

I'm not sure if it counts as a job or not. The website doesn't mention if the actors are paid. I want to have a regular job too.

I know I was in some productions back in college where I Earned equity points, and nothing else... no pay, just experience and Equity points... (this was the Equity theatre involved onsite at my college)

I have no idea whatever happened to my Equity points:confused: (They weren't that many, and I'm not going to school for that anymore either!)

Good luck, Angie. Did I miss something? I thought you were moving to Florida, or has that not happened yet? I haven't been around the DIS much lately, so fill me in.

Oh yes, I'm in Florida now. Go look at my journal. The link is below. I'm still trying to get a job with Disney.

What are Equity Points? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Equity points are points you earn towards joining Actor's Equity, the union for professional actors. Most NY theatres require you to be in Equity. They usually get first dips at auditions.

Angie,

I'm very familiar with the Mark Two Dinner Theatre. It's on Edgewater Drive in Orlando. I'm pretty sure that the actors also serve dinner before the show. Maybe their pay is from the table waiting and not their performances. Not sure, though.

The shows are WONDERFUL! I had been to several when I lived in Orlando (now in Tampa).

Let me know how it goes.

VAL

I am also familiar with the Mark Two, although I haven't been in ages. The last show I saw was a hilarious farce called "No Sex Please, We're British." I am pretty sure that the actors at this theatre get paid. It is a nice place, but as all dinner theaters go, don't expect too much by way of food and you will not come away disappointed!!

I hope that you will find a position at WDW, I think everyone here is behind you 100%!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter