"The Year of MY Dreams" A Easter Disney Trip Report

IcePrincess467

Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The
Well DH & I have arrived home from our amazing and wonderful disney world vacation. Sadly, we arrive home and today (the day after) we are having a snow storm....figures :eek: Anyways, while at disney we had soo much fun!! I'll start by introducing the cast.

:tink: Me-Jen (25), DW, teacher :teacher: and disney freak :donald:

::MickeyMo Matt(27) DH, lawyer and has been to disney too many times to count and wants to continue going :stitch:

Trip Dates : April 5th to April 12th

Day 1: Arrive at Orlando airport at 9am.

Well when we arrived at the airport, we went through customs, picked up our luggage and headed off to the hertz rental car station. After picking up our car, we headed to the hotel- best western lakeside and registered but couldn't check in early so we decided to check around and had some lunch at T.G.I.Fridays- very good :goodvibes After lunch and some shopping we were able to check in at 2:30p.m. We thengot dressed in more "disney-like" clothing and headed off to the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! :woohoo: Once at the MK, we took the train to Fontierland and went on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Pirates, we ended up leaving around 10pm, while Wishes was on because I was VERY tired...I was going on being up for 20hrs straight! I needed sleep!!!

More to come...

I was there almost the exact same days as you were. I came in on April 4. I still don't know if I am going to do a report. I might just do a few pictures and some highlites.

Wasn't it cold the Saturday nite before Easter. I heard that Orlando had a record for recording the lowest temperature for a daytime high of 57 degrees. I think that nite it dropped to 40 degrees.

As promised here's some more...I don't think my report will be as long as some but I'll do my best :thumbsup2

Day 2: MGM & Magic Kingdom

Ok so Matt and I started the morning off with breakfast at Ponderosa on the 192, I wasn't too thirlled with there layout or food but the fruit was really yummy. I wasn't feeling the best either, my stomach was really killing me, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me, I was on vacation at Disney and I wasn't going to miss a day! So we headed off to MGM and as soon as I saw the hat I started to tear up! I tend to do that whenever I enter any disney park. I am a very emotional person, so when I am happy I cry as well! We started just by walking around, going in and outta the stores and just enjoying the moment. We went into "On Man's Dream" that was interesting...I only wished that I could have some of that stuff for my house :love: Esp. cinderella's castle :hippie: After that we went to Muppet Vision 3D- which I LOVE! Then it was off to Rockin' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. We were really lucky because just as we were walking up to see the wait line for Rockin' Rollercoaster and it was a 90min wait, a guy came up to us and asked if we wanted his fastpasses as he had to leave. So we were able to cut our time down ALOT!!! Then we went off to the ToT, where we had to wait a little longer- although so worth the wait!! :banana: Then we were able to catch Beauty and the Beast stage show :woohoo: Love that as well !!! DH told me afterwards he noticed that I was lipping the lyrics for every song and I told him I didn't realize...but yes I can remember all the lyrics to disney movies :cool1: After Beauty and The Beast I decided that it was time for a cold drink, so I got a lemonade slushie (my fav at disney!) and we headed off to find something else to do. We decided that we'd go on the great movie ride, and I had to quickly finish my slushie as no drinks were allowed. After that ride we decided that it was time to head out and get some supper and then we'd make the change over to another park. I picked the Magic Kingdom, because its my favorite!! :woohoo: :love:

At the Magic Kingdom we went on Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, and watched some of the fireworks. It was freezing out, so we hopped the ferry and went home.

That's all for now......more to come...including our day at Universal and Islands of Adventure (which I DID NOT enjoy as much, and we were going to go 2 days of our trip but kept it at one :)

Here are some photos of day 1 and 2.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

photo.php

Matt and I in front of the castle.

Day 2: MGM/MK

photo.php

Me on the way to the ToT

photo.php

Matt and I

photo.php

I WAS Freezing!! It started to rain and it was cold!!!

I am enjoying the report so far, but I can't see the pictures you linked. Where do you live? You mentioned going through customs in Orlando.

popcorn::

I live in Sydney, Nova Scotia :) Sorry about the pics, once I get around to figuring it out, I'll re-post. I will update the TR tonight, right now I am off to work up the courage to paint my wooden panelling that I CAN'T STAND!!!!

Sorry guys It has been taking so long. I have been so busy with work and life. I will update this soon, I promise :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter