The year of living Disney TR - Winter edition! Update! 11/27/17 mini November trip report

Day 2
Part 2
Mickey's
Verry Merry Christmas Party!

Is was our first time attending the VMCP and we were super excited! After a little rest time at WL we got changed into our "party clothes" and headed down to the beautifully decorated lobby for a couple of photos
IMG_1807.JPG

Bob wanted to make sure that I wouldn't loose him in a crowd and went all out with his "ugly Christmas sweater" outfit

IMG_1808.JPG
And here we have our 2016 holiday card photo
IMG_0127.JPG
Yes folks, that is a dolphin on his sweater, wearing a Santa hat :laughing: I just went total Wilderness Lodge and channeled my inner lumberjack.

So after our amazing photo shoot we hopped on the boat to MK for an evening of fun!

It was a beautiful evening, perfect temperatures and pretty decent crowds for the VMCP. I think we were able to hit just about every ride we wanted without much wait. I know these special ticketed events are expensive but well worth it in my opinion. At both the MNSSHP and the VMCP we were able to do everything in the park and then some that we wanted to do, plus the vibe is so festive and fun with lots of people dressed up. We use these events to ride rides more than special character meets but we did get to see these little dudes in passing
IMG_1826.JPG
Thanks random family for letting me steal your photo, but there was no way we were going to wait an hour in line for these guys :).

We had a great time walking around MK and taking in all the festivities!

Pretty soon we met up again with @chunkymonkey and her hubby to watch Holiday Wishes and catch the parade, it was great to be able to spend more time with them.

IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG

After the parade we said our goodbye's to Su-Lynn and Steve and went back to WL to dream of sugar plum fairys and Mickey ice cream bars. It was a perfect party night and a fantastic way to end our first full day!

Coming up next... we move over to the Boardwalk Villas, Kiya braves the Creepy Clown Pool and we spend an afternoon at Epcot

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1
[QUOTE="cinderkelly, post: 57059839, member: ]
:wave: Hiya! So glad to have you joining us here! WL is a terrific resort, isn't it? It's a nice oasis to come back to... I hope you get to stay there someday

The Boathouse is lovely, bit I wouldn't trade my cruise for it! :laughing: I love cruises too, we have one planned for 2018 but DCL hasn't published the dates for the one we want yet. :boat: Where are you going?[/QUOTE]

I just could not swallow DCL prices, even as a TA, so I booked NCL Escape for 03/2018. An Eastern. Now I am reading mixed reviews and starting to doubt my decision... it may end up DCL after all. We shall see.

Love Bob's sweater! :rotfl2:

Looks like a nice start to the party! You all look so festive and cute!

I wanted to tell you...I really loved your plaid Mickey Ears! If I had seen those I would have bought them over the ones I got. But I didn't actually see those anywhere. I liked how it matched your outfit too! The best part was when more than one CM in the parade yelled out "Lumberjack!" when they passed you. Priceless! LOVE your Christmas card! It's so perfect!

Sounds like a fabulous evening all around. I agree that the parties are worth it! I"ve only done the Halloween one, but from everything you're saying, it sounds much the same. Glad you got to do all you wanted and more.

Love the photoshoot photos. :)

Joining in and loving your TR so far! As a fellow Rocky Mountain-er, I know how great it is to escape the winter and head to Florida!

Your first full day sounded perfect to me!

I just could not swallow DCL prices, even as a TA, so I booked NCL Escape for 03/2018. An Eastern. Now I am reading mixed reviews and starting to doubt my decision... it may end up DCL after all. We shall see.

Oh Man, don't I know it! DCL prices are kinda insane compared to others. We've only ever done 2 cruises, one on Carnival and one on DCL and I'm afraid we've ruined ourselves on other cruise lines. I love the idea of trying others but Disney was so great. When we look at them we always try to check off season prices so it's not quite the sticker shock :scared1:

Love Bob's sweater! :rotfl2:

Looks like a nice start to the party! You all look so festive and cute!

I know, right!? He loves that dang sweater :laughing:

I really loved your plaid Mickey Ears! If I had seen those I would have bought them over the ones I got. But I didn't actually see those

Thanks! I actually orderded my and Kiya's ears from shop Disney Parks app before our trip. I was glad I did because I didn't see the plaid ones in the parks either

The best part was when more than one CM in the parade yelled out "Lumberjack!"

:rotfl2: That was hilarious!!

I agree that the parties are worth it! I"ve only done the Halloween one, but from everything you're saying, it sounds much the same. Glad you got to do all you wanted and more.

They pretty much are the same, but in all honesty I think Hallowishes wins over Holiday wishes, and Bob likes the Halloween parade better, but they are both great events

Love the photoshoot photos

:o Thanks anytime I can get Bob to actually get his photo taken I consider it a win!

Joining in and loving your TR so far! As a fellow Rocky Mountain-er, I know how great it is to escape the winter and head to Florida!

Your first full day sounded perfect to me!

:yay: Hi! Thanks so much for joining in! I actually don't think it's the Winter that's as bad as Spring here, all those huge heavy spring snows we get. So far our winter has been pretty mild8-) but any reason to escape to Disney is a good one in my book!

Bob wanted to make sure that I wouldn't loose him in a crowd and went all out with his "ugly Christmas sweater" outfit
OK, I seriously need something like this outfit. What a great way to embarrass a teenager! (which is part of the reason I get up in the mornings). I especially like the hat.

Thanks random family for letting me steal your photo, but there was no way we were going to wait an hour in line for these guys :).
I don't blame you. I have never been to the Christmas party, but I went to two Halloween parties and didn't meet any special characters. While it would be fun to meet all seven Dwarfs, I couldn't justify taking that much time for a character meet.

Finally catching up around here. Sorry Kelly! If it's any consolation... you ain't alone in the "I'm ignoring you" department.

This was our very first time visiting Disney World during the Christmas season and it was also the very best trip we have had this year so far.

I went once during Christmas season. That was 1978. It was slightly different then.

she is 8 going on 16 ::yes::

Ah yes. I know this phenomenon.

image-jpeg.215387

:laughing: Cute pic!

I have officially turned into a Deluxe resort snob!

:snooty:

but got an awesome Annual Passholder rate on a Club Level room :banana:

Niiiice.

my DH got really tired of the busses last trip

Oh? Odd... They're so timely.

I love getting to do that because it feels like you're on vacation already!

::yes:: Only done that once (from home) but... it does feel that way, doesn't it?

We had a great flight to ATL and had about a 3 hour layover there

I like a few hours layover. Plenty of time to stretch the legs, find the right gate, maybe grab a bite.

And of course the spectacular, massive tree!!:goodvibes

meh. Got one just like that in my living room.

Well... no.

We were assigned room 6042 which was awesome! It's a standard view room but this is what was our view
img_1780-jpg.216377

Holy crap! That's standard????

Not too shabby, right?!

Right!!

Pretty!

Since I got my max upload on the last post..
(
@pkondz you should be proud of me)

::yes:: Good girl.

img_1836-jpg.216386

I love how the lights on the castle change colors!

Wow. That's really pretty.

We had a really, really good first night just wandering around looking at all the decorations and hopping on some rides.

Sounds absolutely wonderful.

The weather was perfect, coming from Colorado it was so nice to be out on a December evening and not have to wear a heavy coat!

I hear that!

we just hopped on the boat and sailed away... bye bye suckers! ( just kidding, kinda, not really)

:laughing:

We woke up to a beautiful day after an amazing night's sleep (WL has the most comfy beds!)

No sleep like a Disney sleep.

but unfortunately the banana's foster sauce was too thick and kinda gluey.

Ew. Well that sucks.

I saw a lady at a table near us who had the Mickey waffles with chocolate sauce and a huge pile of whipped cream on top and knew instantly I should have gone with those instead.

Can't go wrong when you have chocolate and whipped cream in the same sentence.

And the obligatory butt shot

:laughing: Forgot about that!

It was so cool to see someone you've only seen in photos before. It was like spotting a celebrity!

::yes:: Had the same feeling when I spotted some last trip.

This picture of me is insanely horrible,

Not. You look lovely.

This is such a cute picture.

but what I do remember was that I was a very happy camper when the glass was empty!

:laughing: But you do remember, so...

Unfortunately they didn't have steak on the kids menu for Kiya but our server was very sweet and suggested we both order the biggest filet we could get and she would bring an extra plate out for her

What a good server!

Bob takes ugly Christmas sweater to a whole new level!

Looking forward to that! :)

Is was our first time attending the VMCP and we were super excited!

I bet!

Oh. My. God.... :faint:

It burns! My eyes!!!! Can't... unsee... sweater....

I'll just look at you, okay? Need something pretty to offset... the horror.
(seriously. very cute photo of you.)

I think we were able to hit just about every ride we wanted without much wait.

Nice!

plus the vibe is so festive and fun with lots of people dressed up.

::yes:: I can't speak for VMCP since I've never done one, but it's definitely true with MNSSHP.

we did get to see these little dudes in passing
img_1826-jpg.218235

Little Dudes???? The term is Dwarf. :sad2:

Thanks random family for letting me steal your photo,

:laughing:

It was a perfect party night and a fantastic way to end our first full day!

Sounds like you had a great time! :)

OK, I seriously need something like this outfit. What a great way to embarrass a teenager! (which is part of the reason I get up in the mornings). I especially like the hat.

:laughing: funny thing is that our kids are so used to Bob dressing this way it's no big deal to them anymore! He was pretty proud of the hat too..

While it would be fun to meet all seven Dwarfs, I couldn't justify taking that much time for a character meet.

completely agree!

Awwww, looks like a fabulous party! Glad the weather held out for you as well. Love the lighted necklaces!

Thanks! it was a lot of fun, and especially nice to have a non rainy party night! The necklaces were really cool, you could adjust the pattern that the lights flashed, or stayed steady

Finally catching up around here. Sorry Kelly! If it's any consolation... you ain't alone in the "I'm ignoring you" department.

No worries! I'm so glad to have you here now though! :woohoo:it's so hard to get caught back up, isn't it? I'm still working on it myself!

I went once during Christmas season. That was 1978. It was slightly different then.

just slightly different I bet!

I like a few hours layover. Plenty of time to stretch the legs, find the right gate, maybe grab a bite.

I kinda like the long layover too, no stress catching the next flight for sure

Holy crap! That's standard????

It is! since they are working on the new cabins they cut down a lot of trees that gave previously standard view rooms a MK view, I'm not complaining! Not sure how long that "standard view" will last though after all the construction there is done.

No sleep like a Disney sleep.

More like drop dead coma type of sleep::yes::

This is such a cute picture.

Thanks! we think she is a keeper

It burns! My eyes!!!! Can't... unsee... sweater....

I know, right :rolleyes:

I'll just look at you, okay? Need something pretty to offset... the horror.
(seriously. very cute photo of you.)

Little Dudes???? The term is Dwarf. :sad2:

Sorry, vertically challenged mining folk:-)

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment here, bad Dis friend!

:rotfl2:Well I think he certainly accomplished what he set out to! I do love your outfit :)

And here we have our 2016 holiday card photo
I think this is perfect!

We've never met the Dwarfs at the parties we've been to for this reason. We've met a few other rare characters but they there always more important to the kids so we did their lines first, and by the time we'd be done the Dwarfs line would be crazy. So the few pictures I have of them have random families in them, too!
Looks like you had a great time at the party. My preference is MNSSHP but the Christmas party is so festive and really gets you in the mood for the season :santa:

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment here, bad Dis friend!

No worries, I'm so far behind on lots of other's reports. It's not like you've been busy galavanting around Universal or anything :rolleyes1

Well I think he certainly accomplished what he set out to! I do love your outfit

:laughing: Thanks

My preference is MNSSHP but the Christmas party is so festive and really gets you in the mood for the season

I think I actually prefer the Halloween party to the Christmas party as well, but really do love the Christmas decorations

What a perfect first full day! So fun to meet fellow Diser - I only met one briefly during a stroller exchange about 10 years ago. Would love to stay at WL one day - love the comfy feel of the resort like you're on a wilderness stay (oh....hence the name haha - just caught myself on that one lol). We've only stayed at BWV renting points so time to branch out!

What a perfect first full day! So fun to meet fellow Diser - I only met one briefly during a stroller exchange about 10 years ago. Would love to stay at WL one day - love the comfy feel of the resort like you're on a wilderness stay (oh....hence the name haha - just caught myself on that one lol). We've only stayed at BWV renting points so time to branch out!

It is fun to meet other DISers! Everyone is so nice! WL is such a great resort. We questioned staying there for a while, being from Colorado, it has a similar woodsy vibe to what we see a lot at home, but it is so cozy and being able to take the boat to MK is awesome for us. I hope you get to stay there someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter