• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Year of "Limited Time Magic" Preview: Dapper Dans, the original "Boy Band"

To be blunt, I still think this whole LTM idea is stupid.

It's a plan with the potential to make about 10% of savvy guests happy, and about 70% of savvy guests unhappy, at any given time. (At least 20% won't care, either way.)

I don't like those odds, when a different kind of program could allow guests to make an advanced decision.

It's a plan with the potential to make about 10% of savvy guests happy, and about 70% of savvy guests unhappy, at any given time. (At least 20% won't care, either way.)

I don't like those odds, when a different kind of program could allow guests to make an advanced decision.

I wonder where did you get numbers?:confused3

I'll agree with your numbers--and put myself in the 70% unhappy!

Why "surprise" guests with long-lost friends when most are their to see Mickey and Cindy? My DS is a HUGE character fan and we'd make a special trip if we could plan in advance. He's got pictures of Clarabelle's footprints from near the circus tent in Fantasyland for goodness sake. I didn't say he wasn't a bit odd, but we love him!:laughing:

I think marketed the correct way this could bring more profits and higher crowds to Disney. On January 1, share a calendar so that families can plan. I know we are a family that would take a special trip just for pirates week. We would need a place to stay and food to eat as well as tickets. This would bring Disney a lot more money than waiting til the week of and announcing it on Twitter (if that's what they plan to do). If they wait that long then the only people who are going to enjoy this promotion are the people already in the parks and the people who live VERY close to Disney. Neither of those groups of people are going to bring lots of extra money into Disney.

Not sure I understand the whole promotion...... :confused3

On January 1, share a calendar so that families can plan. I know we are a family that would take a special trip just for pirates week.

If they do it this way, or put up a calender every few months (winter, spring, summer, MNSSHP, MVMCP :p), I would think it would pull in more people than only announcing things the week or day of.

People thought the whole "pictures on the castle" thing would be boring, and once people actually saw it there were a lot of positive reviews and a couple of, "Okay, I was wrong"s. So who knows?

I think marketed the correct way this could bring more profits and higher crowds to Disney. On January 1, share a calendar so that families can plan. I know we are a family that would take a special trip just for pirates week. We would need a place to stay and food to eat as well as tickets. This would bring Disney a lot more money than waiting til the week of and announcing it on Twitter (if that's what they plan to do). If they wait that long then the only people who are going to enjoy this promotion are the people already in the parks and the people who live VERY close to Disney. Neither of those groups of people are going to bring lots of extra money into Disney.

Not sure I understand the whole promotion...... :confused3

Of course the whole idea behind any promotion is to bring more profits to Disney. It's just that some ideas are a whole lot better than others. Last years big New Years Eve announcement consisted of 1 Day out of the entire year where they opened MK for 24 hours. 1. day. While they had pretty good attendance for that day, how many people would pay airfare, hotels, food and tickets just for that?

So I agree- if it's to be a success they'll have to provide a decent lead time for each of these weeks so people can make plans. And they can't confine it to just Twitter. I'm sure that they realize that there is still a segment of society that isn't glued to their smart phones 24/7. Or that, gasp, don't even own a smart phone.

As someone who enjoys listening to Barbershop Quartets, I always enjoy the Dapper Dans. That being said, the idea of boy band music* on Main St USA is awful. So, I'll watch the Dans when they're not singing boy bands, and avoid them when they are. Fortunately, Youtube has got a lot of great Barbershop selections.

*Boy bands are not music to my ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter