The "Worst Vacation Ever" trip report 10/25 - 11/4

Just got all caught up! You trip sounds like you made the best of what you had! Thank you for sharing your story!

Really nice pictures. I saw a family over at the BC taking pictures on the beach. There were 2 photo pass photographers. People started lining up, wanting their pictures done. I think the other one was there to tell people no.

Thanks for sharing your family pics with us.

The pictures are wonderful and I am really enjoying your TR. Well, I feel horrible for all of your trouble, but its still a good read! Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Your pictures are great!! Where do you find info on getting this done? Do they take them at all the resorts? Thanks so much!

Thanks for checking in everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was busy, especially since we also celebrate O's birthday (the 25th) and R's birthday (the 30th) over Thanksgiving weekend.

I was hoping our photopass would be here, but it's not :( I'll get those pictures posted as soon as I get them, but for now, our final hurrah...our last few hours of vacation.

After we glanced through the resort photopass pictures and picked up the CD, we left the Grand Floridian for Universal.

The plan was for DH, K and J to go to IOA to ride the big stuff, and I was going to take R and O to the little kid rides at Universal. We had to meet in the middle at 2:40 so that I could get K and take him to the airport, while DH and the rest of the kids stayed at US until I got back to pick them up, then we would head for Georgia.

One the way in, we stopped at CityWalk and ate at Pastamore counte service. The kids enjoyed their pizzas, DH and I had sandwiches. I ran upstairs for Starbucks because it was cold outside (and it's my vice and I needed a fix! :rolleyes1 )

The big boys basically rode all the big rides 6 times or so making themselves sick, then ate ice cream and rode some more. The little ones and I made our way to ride Woody Woodpecker roller coaster first. On the way we ran into a little show, and some character lines. It was nice to see different characters, but the show was lame. There's a huge difference between Universal and Disney when it comes to shows! The Universal shows look so amatuer

ry%3D400

After this show, the characters come down for autographs. We saw Scooby, Shaggy, Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat with very little lines. Woody Woodpecker and his girlfriend were there too, but we skipped them since we had seen Woody the day before.

ry%3D400

Check out Owen. Still no posing for pictures, but he liked George
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So, on to Woody's. O loved it. Way slower and shorter than Big Thunder Mountain, maybe even a little shorter than Barnstormer. We got to ride it twice with no wait.

After that we headed to ET. As you are going in, they ask you for your name, type it in, scan a card and then hand you your passport. O completely freaked out in the que, because it's themed as a forest, really dark with a couple of the forest scenes from the movie. He was crying he didn't want to ride it. Finally someone told him it wasn't a scary ride and that there'd be a surprise at the end. Once we got on the the little bicycle thingy and started flying, he was fine. A couple of times a car or something comes out at you, but O handled that fine.

ry%3D400

At the end, ET says "Thank you" and says all your names. O about jumped off the ride "ET said my name!!"

On the way to ride The Simpsons, we ran into these guys (as an FYI, no autographs)
ry%3D400

The wait for Simpsons was 20 minutes. It was fun, but way too hectic for my tastes. It beat my head around too much. O didn't like it either, but R loved it.

Next up a ride on Jimmy Neutron, but first (the character handler will stamp an autograph book for Dora and Jimmy)
ry%3D400

One really nice thing about Universal is that the lines for characters are very short, but not very organized and it's hard to tell where the line starts and ends!

O and R both loved the Jimmy Neutron ride. It was okay. I'm not a big fan of simulators.

Look who was right outside Jimmy Neutron's ride!
ry%3D400

Another US/IOA FYI. When you are with some of the characters, a photographer will take your picture, then hand you a ticket. You take the ticket to a booth and they will show you your picture and give you a chance to buy it. They are pretty expensive, so we passed each time, but they put fun borders around the picture for you.

R got her picture taken, then as she was walking away, guess what happened. 10 days in parks, countless characters, absolutely no posing with any characters for a picture (unless they came up to him and he was trapped at the dinner table!), and look what happens. He took a step, Spongebob took 2. He took another step, Spongebob took 2 more. I could have cried. And get this, we don't have cable, so ask me why he likes Spongebob so much!
ry%3D400

We had to leave after that to meet up with the boys to switch R and O for K whose flight left at 5:30. The boys were at NBA City playing the 3 point shoot out game.

Got to the airport, got his ticket, my non-passenger pass, checked his suitcase, then went off to eat at the food court. While I was gone, DH took the kids to watch Shrek 4-D (which they loved!), back to Woody's and then the Fievel playground and to Barney's playground, then to eat and back to play some more.

K and I sat and chatted for awhile, then headed through security and off to his gate. I got to stay until he was boarding. It was sad hugging him goodbye :(

Got back to US, called the gang and they met me in the parking garage, we rearranged some luggage, putting J in the middle with O and R in the back alone, and off we headed to Georgia. We had a nice quiet drive, and a hotel room that was ready for us. There was a fit over who got beds and who got the sleeper sofa, but we settled it quickly and slept through until morning. Early morning, when the construction on the new hotel next door woke us up bright and early.

At breakfast the next morning we met a CM from AK that was staying at the hotel on their way back to Orlando. It was fun chatting with him.

We jumped in the van and headed toward Indiana. It was an easy drive, this time no rain in the mountains!

ry%3D400

We pulled in the house around 10pm on Wednesday. I literally burst into tears when we pulled into the driveway I was so happy to be home! We got home in time to just grab the hotel bag with the essentials, crawl into bed, and get up the next morning for school and work.

Next post, hopefully photopass pictures and a few final thoughts/tips.

:cool1: Yay, an update!!!!!!
You certainly got a lot done your day at US/IOA!!!!!!
The photo of O and Spongebob was so sweet and touching!!!!!
It's just a shame you had so many mishaps during your stay, but I'm sure at some point down the line you'll look back and laugh! Maybe......
Di x

Our photopass pictures are here! :banana:

When King Louie was torturing poor Owen by keeping his autograph book
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The BEST family picture ever :laughing:
ry%3D400

O is still not happy, but he did cooperate for the Tinkerbell shot
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Like J's backwards eyepatch?
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

He did close to Minnie, but no picture with her
ry%3D400

Check out O's face. This was about 10 minutes before he threw up
ry%3D400

Those are such good pictures! Glad to see R having such a good time with the characters! O sure didn't look happy with King Louie, I'll have to keep an eye out for him with my son. I do like J's eye patch. :)

I can't wait to do the photopass now that I've seen your pictures.

I think we'll have to do MNSSHP next year. It looks like so much fun!

Great photo pass pics! My favorite is the one where you're sticking your tongue out! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter